PUBG MOBILE CLUB OPEN 2020 SPRING SPLIT REGIONAL FINALS TO BEGIN IN INDIA & SOUTH ASIA THIS WEEKEND
This weekend qualified teams from India and South Asia will compete in the their PMCO Spring Split Regional Finals 2020, fighting for a chance to continue their rise in the world’s largest mobile esports tournament
LOS ANGELES – Feb. 18, 2020 – Earlier this month, 32 qualifying teams in multiple regions were selected from over 42,000 squads to participate in the PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2020 (PMCO 2020) Spring Split. With the Group Stages ongoing in various regions, PUBG MOBILE today unveiled the scheduled dates for the PMCO 2020 Spring Split Regional Finals, set to begin in South Asia and India from Saturday, Feb. 22 to Sunday, Feb. 23.
After the intense competition in the Group Stage and Semifinals of PMCO in India and South Asia, 16 teams have stood out and qualified for the Regional Finals, where they have the chance to enter the next level of the competition: The PUBG MOBILE Pro League (PMPL). The top 15 will move on to PMPL South Asia and fight for the 5 slots for the World League East.
The PMCO schedules for different regions include:
- South Asia and India: Finals from Saturday, Feb. 22 to Sunday, Feb. 23
- Pakistan and Wild Card: Semifinals from Friday, Feb. 28 to Wednesday, March 4 and Finals from Saturday, March 7 to Sunday, March 8
- Latin America: Semifinals from Monday, Feb. 17 to Saturday, Feb. 22 and Finals from Saturday, Feb. 29 to Sunday, March 1
- Brazil: Semifinals from Monday, Feb. 17 to Saturday, Feb. 22 and Finals from Saturday, March 7 to Sunday, March 8
- North America, Middle East and Africa: Group Stage from Tuesday, Feb. 18 to Sunday, Feb. 23 and Finals from Tuesday, Feb. 25 to Sunday, March 1
- CIS, Germany and Iraq: Group Stage from Tuesday, March 3 to Sunday, March 8 and Finals from Tuesday, March 10 to Sunday, March 15
- Europe, Turkey and Saudi Arabia: Group Stage from Tuesday, March 17 to Sunday, March 22 and Finals from Tuesday, March 24 to Sunday, March 29
PUBG MOBILE fans can follow all the action live via the official PUBG MOBILE esports YouTube channel here.
The PMCO is an entry gate which offers all players from amateur, semi-pro to professional levels a chance to start their esports path to stardom. The tournaments are divided into Spring and Fall Split. The best teams coming out of the various PMCOs will have the opportunity to qualify for the PUBG MOBILE Pro Leagues (PMPL) and the PUBG MOBILE World Leagues (PMWL), and even fight their way up to the PUBG MOBILE World Championship (PMWC). Besides great honor, the all-year esports tournaments feature an unprecedented total prize pool of $5 million USD, which doubles the total prize money of last year’s program.
ABOUT PUBG MOBILE
PUBG MOBILE is based on PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their weapons, vehicles, and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.
# # #