Massively Popular Virtual Star joins 120-strong roster in Nexon’s popular turn-based action role-playing game on iOS and Android as part of new update
Seoul – Oct. 31, 2019 – Fans can now fight for control of the universe alongside virtual star Hatsune Miku in a massive crossover event for Overhit, the widely-popular turn-based action role-playing game (RPG) from NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. The Overhit x Hatsune Miku crossover event is available now on the App Store and Google Play.
Hatsune Miku is a virtual singer – “music software” developed in 2007 by Crypton Future Media that allows users to create music by typing lyrics and melodies. As a virtual singer, Hatsune Miku continues to gain global popularity through hosting concerts and more.
Today’s Overhit x Hatsune Miku collaboration delivers a myriad of additional special features including:
- SSR+ Hatsune Miku V4X – For the first time ever, Overhit players can utilize Hatsune Miku’s powers. Hatsune Miku V4X arrives as a powerful Wind-Type hero whose beautiful voice attracts nefarious enemies
- Hatsune Miku’s Event Dungeon – For a limited time, players can test their skills at three levels against the Hatsune Miku event dungeon to earn exclusive rewards and experience all Hatsune Miku’s cutscenes
- Themed Chance Boosts – From now until Monday, Nov. 14, players can utilize the special Hatsune Miku chance boost gacha
In addition to the Hatsune Miku collaboration, today’s massive Overhit content update also delivers these new features:
- Guild Wars – In this all-out guild vs guild battle, teams head to head to earn higher ranks and unlock exclusive rewards. Guild ranks reset every four weeks at the beginning of the new season
- Guide Mission Renewal – Beginning today, all existing Guide Mission challenges have been replaced with a new wave of missions for players to complete
- New Sub-Leader Skills – Players can now clear difficult challenges with combining two leader skills to enjoy a variety of tactical encounters
- Additional Pendants – More pendants are available to collect in the Spacetime Rift depending on the selected difficulty
- Fresh Events – Players can participate in new seven-day Attendance Events and the Hero Growth Support Event for Wind-Type Heroes for exclusive rewards
In Overhit,players are invited to command the Black Wings resistance army packed with characters from across time and space. A cast of more than 120 unforgettable heroes voiced by world-renowned anime voice actors such as Ishikawa Kaito, Uchida Aya and Morikawa Toiyuki take charge in agorgeous world with console-inspired 3D backgrounds.
The Hatsune Miku special events are available today in Overhit for iOS and Android. Additional information for members of the press:
- Check out the official Facebook page here
- Check out the latest Overhit teaser video here
- Visit the official Overhit website here
About Hatsune Miku
Hatsune Miku is music software
developed by Crypton Future Media, INC., and it enables anyone to make the
computer sing by entering lyrics and melodies. As a massive number of users
created music using the software and posted their works on the Internet, Hatsune
Miku quickly evolved into a cultural phenomenon. Moreover, Hatsune Miku has
gained much attention as a character, involved in many fields such as
merchandising and live performance as a virtual singer. Now her popularity has
spread across the globe.
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.