Multiplayer Survival RPG CryoFall Lands on Steam Early Access Today
Build, hunt, farm, craft, cooperate, trade, and survive online on a harsh alien world in Daedalic Entertainment and AtomicTorch Studio’s new game
HAMBURG, Germany: April 3, 2019 – CryoFall, the multiplayer survival RPG from publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer AtomicTorch Studio, is now available for Windows PC via Steam Early Access. This unique multiplayer sci-fi experience challenges players to survive on a harsh, alien planet with a variety of official and community servers hosting persistent worlds for up to 200 players each.
CryoFall delivers a complex survival experience with unlimited opportunities for players to make their own mark on their world. Discover new ways of farming, hunting, cooking, crafting, mining, building and trading, with multiple specializations available per character. The challenges of staying alive push players to choose between working collaboratively with each other to build a functional new society in an effort to learn the secrets of this hostile alien world, or succumb to the most basic of urges and try to take what others have worked so hard to build.
But exploration is also critical. Ensuring the survival of your newfound society rests not only on you and your fellow players, but on the strange new world around you: a dangerous landscape full of hidden labs to unearth and exotic alien lifeforms to harvest and fight.
- Complex crafting and industrial system, including oil refining and lithium extraction.
- Various stages of technological progress (primitive, industrial, modern, post-modern, sci-fi).
- Farming with complex crop growth simulation, fertilizers, etc., and diverse cooking options.
- Wide range of player interactions and roles with specialization options emphasizing meaningful interactions, rather than just combat.
- Fully functional economy simulation with coin minting, trading and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully handcrafted maps and locations (plus map editor).
- Storyline elements discovered through exploration.
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, etc.).
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
- Complex character simulation with several dozens of status effects (e.g., bleeding, poisoning, radiation, etc.).
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing.
CryoFall is available now on Steam Early Access, priced at $19.99/£15.99/€19.99, with regular updates planned for the future. AtomicTorch Studio has laid out details of currently planned updates in a roadmap that will be continuously expanded based on community feedback.
To stay up to date with CryoFall’s latest developments, please visit http://cryofall.com/.
About Daedalic Entertainment
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up and offers a variety of high-quality titles, from classic adventures to strategy games, multiplayer games and RPGs. Since May 2014, Daedalic is part of the Bastei Lübbe group of companies.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for “Studio of the Year”) and 11 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is record holder for the two most prestigious games awards in Germany.
With more than 80 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
About AtomicTorch Studio
Founded in 2013, AtomicTorch Studio is an independent game development company based in Singapore. Their goal is to develop innovative, fun and accessible games that fuse gameplay and visuals from classic old-school titles with modern technologies and novel ideas. CryoFall marks the third and most ambitious game by the studio.