Exotic Matter Launches Today July 6th in Early Access on Steam 12 pm PDT
Minecraft Meets Metroid – Survive, Explore and Build on a Mysterious Alien Planet Full of Dangers and Secrets.
Exotic Matter is launching their early access edition on steam today July 6th at 12 pm PDT, and as an early bird deal, they will be selling it at 10% off the regular price of 19.99 USD during the first week.
In Exotic Matter, you’ll find yourself shipwrecked on an alien planet, light-years away from earth and your primary mission is to survive. Freely explore the open-world of planet ‘Xcylin’ and dive deep into the roguelike underground facilities of an extinct race to fight the Thanatos and craft your way back home to save yourself and the entire human race. Exotic Matter is not only a game; it’s a full-fledged voxel engine that enables players to create their items/weapons/blocks and even their planet types.
“Most voxel games don’t give you any direction. No specific goal or mission to accomplish. With Exotic Matter, we are trying something different. We drop players on an alien world with a singular goal and a few hints about how to accomplish it, then leave how to proceed up to them. It’s a voxel survival game with a goal, a story, and a carefully designed procedurally-generated Metroidvania world. Not only do you have to survive but you have to explore countless alien facilities in order to succeed and improve your abilities. How the story unfolds, and whether or not you’ll make it, is totally up to you. I like to think it’s a unique approach to the genre: a voxel Metroidvania!” –Florian Frankenberger, Lead Developer
Audio Version of the developer statement above: http://m-gam.es/ExoticMatterDevStatement
Exotic Matter is a single-player open-world voxel roleplaying game for PC. It features a strong storyline on a fully simulated planet with roguelike underground facilities. Exotic Matter’s sophisticated facility generation system ensures that no two missions ever play the same. And it’s fully moddable engine allows you to explore countless other planets that were created by the community.
- Roam freely around an entire planet
- Experience a strong storyline that guides you through the game
- Explore lots of mysterious dungeons created by a sophisticated dungeon generation system
- Find hundreds of items left behind by an ancient civilization
- Change and destroy anything in this world
- Search for rare resources deep below the surface
- Construct buildings with sophisticated technology (connect lights and doors with switches or pressure sensitive blocks) and control them using in-game computer systems
- Craft new items directly in your inventory or use blueprints and replicator technology to create complex items
- Build and use a multitude of weapons to protect yourself
- Find out about the vast amount of different block types, each with different attributes and abilities
- Have endless fun as no two missions ever play the same on this procedurally generated planet
*Please note that although these features are all planned and most of them are fully implemented, they are all subject to change due to the fact that this is an Early Access game.
Platforms and Release Dates
An Early Access Steam release July 6, 2018
PC (Windows, Linux)
Follow updates and gain exclusive rewards via BrightLocker