THQ Nordic raises development resources for The Guild 3
THQ Nordic announces Purple Lamp Studios to lead development for The Guild 3
Vienna, Austria, June 20th 2018: To make sure The Guild 3 will leave Early Access in due course, an additional development Studio, Purple Lamp Studios, based in Vienna will add its expertise to the project. Purple Lamp is a newly formed studio consisting of veteran developers who previously worked on various titles at Austrian publisher/developer Sproing, among others.
Based on the work Golem Labs has done so far, Purple Lamp Studios will solve any problems as well as integrate planned features such as multiplayer, societies and the sovereign-mechanic into the game in the following months. Harald Riegler, CEO of Purple Lamp Studios, said, “The Guild is a fantastic franchise and we’re proud to contribute both our experience and our personal passion for strategy games to deliver the game that fans are hoping for.“
Jean-René Couture, CEO Golem Labs adds: “For the past few years, the folks here at GolemLabs had the huge honor to work on The Guild 3. However, the very last remaining stretch of development will be done under the care and reigns of THQ Nordic. So, from now on, GolemLabs will eagerly and proudly be waiting for the release of The Guild 3. For us here at GolemLabs, it is time to embark on new and exciting adventures.“
Check out The Guild 3 here:
About The Guild 3
The Guild 3 is a fascinating trade and life simulation that takes place during the late Middle Ages. You can quite literally experience medieval Europe, step into the shoes of a single character or an entire dynasty, acquire businesses and properties, produce goods and trade them, involve yourself in politics and society, court women or men, love, hate, bribe, fight and live through good times as well as bad.
As The Guild 3 is still in development, some features are already part of the game and some are yet to come.
- AI System: The new AI system is learning from own its activities as well from the behavior from other players.
- Huge Replay-Value: The AI as well as the different and unique scenario settings make every map look, feel and play differently.
- Scenarios: The player can choose between 8 scenarios: Augsburg, Barony of Birmingham, Archbishopric of Magdeburg, The mighty City of London, Vienna and Presporok, Hanseatic city of Visby, Paris and Mazovia.
- Societies: In The Guild 3 the societies can be compared to very powerful social clubs. Some of them, like the freemasons or the craftmans’ guild, are publicly known, others, such as the thieves’ guild or the brotherhood of light, are kept secret.
- Multiplayer with up to 16 Players via Internet and/or LAN: Custom multiplayer and connection to other The Guild 3 players, no matter where they bought the game.
- Scenario Editor: Players will be able to create their own maps and create specific rules for them – change ranks and privileges, production chains or societies. These scenarios can be shared with the community.
- More Scenarios: 4 new scenarios will make their way into The Guild 3: Kingdom of Bohemia, The Netherlands, Duchy of Burgundy and The Hanseatic League.
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna (Austria) and Karlstad (Sweden), with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, and the USA. THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest, Biomutant, and many more.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are:
- Grimlore Games GmbH based in Munich (Germany)
- Rainbow Studios Inc. based in Phoenix, Arizona (United States of America)
- Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad (Sweden)
- Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
- Black Forest Games GmbH based in Offenburg (Germany)
- Pieces Interactive AB based in Skoevde (Sweden)
- Experiment 101 AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
THQ Nordic shares are publicly listed on Nasdaq First North Stockholm under the ticker THQNB:SS with FNCA Sweden AB as its Certified Adviser. For more investor-related information, please visit: http://www.thqnordic-investors.com/en/
About Purple Lamp Studios
Purple Lamp was founded by industry veterans to pursue their passion in PC and Console gaming. A love for community driven strategy, management and light RPG games unites a team that has spent many years working together, where everyone knows what they’re doing and loves the games we’re working on.