Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles on Steam (Windows/Linux/OS X) is NOW AVAILABLE for $4.99 MSRP with an additional 10% discount during launch week. This release covers the first story chapter and includes the Battle Mode minigame. Additional story chapters and more Battle Mode content will be added in the coming year as separate DLC. A Season Pass is also available for players who purchase this title now and want to gain access to the complete experience later on at a discount.
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles Complete Edition is also available which includes the first chapter and all subsequent DLC chapters as they are released. Purchase the Complete Edition to get the entire experience at a discount compared to purchasing chapters separately.
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles will also be released on Xbox One soon. The Xbox One version will feature significant graphics and performance improvements over Outbreak: The New Nightmare which is also available on Xbox One now.
In addition, ALL games in the Outbreak series (Outbreak, Outbreak: The New Nightmare & Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles) now support Linux and OS X. Titles that support co-op also feature cross-platform multiplayer across these operating systems.
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is an episodic unforgiving survival horror experience that takes place within the Outbreak universe. Death lurks behind each door as you fight to survive with the limited supplies at your disposal. Search rooms thoroughly and make the right choice when to fight – or flee – from the monstrosities. Featuring classic hardcore survival horror gameplay in a directed single-player experience, you’ll need to stay on your toes to stay alive. You have a limited inventory and you’ll need to leverage supply caches to store your equipment for use later. Saving your game is also highly restrictive and you’ll need to locate the means to record your progress as you explore. Camera angles are fixed and the player has the option of using old school tank controls or a modern control scheme. Lydia’s adventure is just the beginning… can you survive the chronicles and determine the fate of the other survivors?
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is heavily inspired by the classic survival horror genre, including titles like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. The Outbreak series was created by a solo indie-developer with a strong passion for survival horror. Each game features brutal difficulty, strict inventory management, diverse environments and terrifying enemies.
Dead Drop Studios Website:
About the Game
As the city burns and the countryside is engulfed by the epidemic, you’re now alone and forced to live with this new reality. Monstrous beasts and disfigured remnants roam freely with their numbers increasing rapidly. Scattered and separated from your fellow survivors, you’ve fled into a large manor estate to escape the relentless horde. Your only goal now is survival. Explore the manor, locate supplies and find a way to wake from this nightmare. But somehow… you know your fate is already sealed.
- Episodic:New chapters available over time. Buy only what you want to play.
- Story Mode:Survive through a classic single-player survival horror experience.
- Battle Mode:Tough as nails action mode where you scrounge and fight to reach the exit.
- Cinematic:Experience your last moments through fixed cameras and beautiful environments.
- Explore:Search rooms and read logs to find keys and solve puzzles to survive.
- Fight or Flee:Engage threats directly or run away to safety in another room.
- Classic:True hardcore classic survival horror with a limited inventory and deadly foes.
- Progress:Saving is limited and restricted. Find floppy disks to record your progress.
- Storage:Manage your limited inventory by finding and storing items in caches.
- Difficult:Play across multiple difficulty modes, including the one hit kill Nightmares mode.
- Defense:Utilize numerous firearms and melee weapons against the undead.
- Alone:Play solo even without an internet connection.
- Controller:Customizable gamepad, mouse and keyboard controls.
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles has full controller support on Steam and is designed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers. In addition, the Steam release features fully customizable mouse, keyboard and gamepad controls.
Pricing & Availability
- Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is now available on Steam for a $4.99 MSRP! During the launch period, there will be a 10% discount on the title. In addition, there are bundles that include this game and other titles in the Outbreak series at a discount.
Other Outbreak Products
Outbreak: The New Nightmare on Steam
Outbreak: The New Nightmare on Xbox One (Single player only)
Outbreak on Steam
Outbreak on Xbox One (Single player only)
About Dead Drop Studios LLC
Connecticut-based indie studio Dead Drop Studios LLC creates survival horror games inspired by hardcore, unforgiving gameplay mechanics. The studio’s first title, Outbreak, returns to the roots of survival horror while adding a multiplayer co-op twist. Their second title, Outbreak: The New Nightmare, features new high definition 3D graphics and much more. Their latest title, Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles, features a horrifying single-player survival horror nightmare. Dead Drop Studios hopes to revitalize the genre and gather support for more ambitious projects. To learn more, please visit http://www.deaddropstudios.com/.