Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered edition is coming to PC and consoles
Surviving Mars with the aid of a sledgehammer
Vienna/Austria, March 29th, 2018; THQ Nordic Red Faction Guerrilla will be fully re-Mars-tered (pun proudly intended) and released on PC, PlayStation®4 and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X in Q2 2018. The game will go by the name of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered and “destruction” will remain its middle name.
More information on the release date will be announced in due time.
One random yet fun fact about Mars (in real-life): At a height of 25km, Olympus Mons on Mars is the largest volcano in the Solar System and is nearly three times as tall as Mount Everest.
About Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved Lighting
- Shader & Postprocessing rework
- Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna (Austria) and Karlstad (Sweden), with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, and the USA. THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest, Biomutant, and many more.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are:
- Grimlore Games GmbH based in Munich (Germany)
- Rainbow Studios Inc. based in Phoenix, Arizona (United States of America)
- Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad (Sweden)
- Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
- Black Forest Games GmbH based in Offenburg (Germany)
- Pieces Interactive AB based in Skoevde (Sweden)
- Experiment 101 AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
THQ Nordic shares are publicly listed on Nasdaq First North Stockholm under the ticker THQNB:SS with FNCA Sweden AB as its Certified Adviser. For more investor-related information, please visit: http://www.thqnordic-investors.com/en/