PSYONIX REVEALS ROCKET LEAGUE® SPRING FEATURE UPDATE – AKA TOURNAMENTS UPDATE
Arriving April 3 on All Platforms, Update Includes Tournaments, Quality of Life Improvements and More
SAN DIEGO, CA – March 21, 2018 – Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, has announced that the Tournaments Update for Rocket League will officially go live on April 3 on all platforms (pending first party certifications). Besides the much-anticipated addition of the Tournaments feature, which allows players to create tournaments without leaving the game, the update will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements including Nintendo Switch™ performance and visual quality updates. For a closer look at Tournaments, Psyonix also revealed a brand new Tournaments Inside Look video today.
Other notable content in the Tournaments Update includes:
- Connection Quality Information – New notification icons that will signal the types of online connection issues during online matches to better troubleshoot issues
- Enhanced Garage Options – New item stacking, filtering, searching, and sorting options
- Expanded Team Customization – More shades have been added to the primary color palette for Battle-Cars and players will now have the choice to “Equip to Blue” and “Equip to Orange” for painted car bodies
- Audio Improvements – Crowd audio has been tweaked to better react to saves, goals, and important plays, and the soundtrack will now be available to play during online and offline matches
- Samurai Battle-Car – New Import Battle-Car available as a limited-drop inside the new Triumph Crate
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE®
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of our generation. Boasting a community of more than 43 million players, Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Windows PC, Mac, and SteamOS via Steam, Rocket League includes more than 100 billion possible customization combinations, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed independent video game developer and leading experts in Unreal Engine technology. For more than 15 years, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.
Rocket League, Psyonix, and all related marks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Psyonix Inc.© 2015-2018 Psyonix Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.