Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Bestiary
Animals were definitely harmed in the making of this expansion
Auckland, New Zealand – March 2nd, 2018 -Grinding Gear Games announced today that they have launched their brand-new content update (3.2.0) for their hit online ARPG, Path of Exile. Path of Exile: Bestiary is now available on PC with the Xbox One version launching next week. This update features the new Bestiary Challenge League,
in which players compete to hunt and capture nearly 300 of the most dangerous animals that populate Wraeclast, and then sacrifice their prey to create and augment potent items.
Path of Exile continues to be one of the largest online action role playing games with continual, massive audience growth. Successful launches on the Xbox One and in China have more than doubled the Path of Exile player community since August 2017, with over 3.5 million players having played the game’s 2017 expansion, Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath. The Fall of Oriath was recently named one of the Top 50 Games of 2017 by Game Informer Magazine, as well as the top “Game as Service” (an established title receiving outstanding updates and continual support).
Path of Exile: Bestiary Features:
- The Bestiary Challenge League: With a fresh economy and brand-new mechanics, the Bestiary Challenge League is ideal for existing, returning, and brand new players to experience the award-winning gameplay Path of Exile has to offer.
- Capture Dangerous Beasts: Track Wraeclast’s most dangerous animals, weaken them, and capture them to make them your own. There are around 250 regular beasts and 40 legendary beasts to capture.
- Complete your Bestiary: As you capture beasts from across Wraeclast, they are marked in your Bestiary, a permanent record of your progress through this league.
- Populate your Menagerie: Visit and observe the beasts you’ve captured whenever you want, then use them to fuel your Beastcrafting.
- Beastcrafting: Perform the ritual of Sacrifice by Combat at the Blood Altar to create and augment potent items. There are dozens of powerful recipes that require the sacrifice of different combinations of beasts that you have collected.
- New End-Game Foes: Capturing and crafting with the right set of beasts may grant you entrance to difficult spirit boss encounters with powerful unique item rewards.
- Bestiary Sets: The Bestiary League contains four new sets of items based on the powerful spirit beasts. Mix and match them with other items and discover potent new builds.
- The Story Continues: High-level players will be able to challenge The Elder and The Shaper simultaneously, deep in the center of the Atlas of Worlds — the toughest boss encounter in Path of Exile yet!
- New Unique Items: Harness the power of 29 new Unique Items and completing new Prophecies to transform your items to one of 30 new Fated Unique Items.
- New Gems: Discover and build around three new gems including the new skill Spectral Shield Throw and the new support gem Summon Phantasm on Kill.
- Ascendancy Class Revamp: Explore countless new build options with each of our extensively rebalanced Ascendancy Classes.
- And much more: We’ve also added a new quest to Act Ten and have made many other small changes including ongoing performance improvements.
- Available on Xbox One and PC: Path of Exile: Bestiary is coming to PC and Xbox One. They are both, of course, 100% free to play.
Path of Exile Key Features Include:
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PvP tournaments for worldwide recognition
- Steam and Twitch integration
Path of Exile was released in October 2013 to critical acclaim including winning GameSpot’s PC Game of the Year award. Since its launch, Path of Exile has become a global community of over 13 million players including localized versions in English, German, French, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai and Brazilian Portuguese.
Path of Exile: Bestiary, like every major expansion of Path of Exile, will be completely free-to-play (and of course, never Pay to Win; your success in the game is dependent on the depth of your skill, not your wallet). More information about Path of Exile: Bestiary can be found at www.pathofexile.com/bestiary.
About Grinding Gear Games
Grinding Gear Games is an independent game studio founded in 2006 and based in Auckland, New Zealand. Its team members come from various countries and have a diversity of backgrounds ranging from artificial intelligence and software security to industrial design and professional tournament gaming. GGG recently released its flagship title, Path of Exile, and is committed to ongoing expansion and new content releases for the critically acclaimed game. You can find more information about Grinding Gear Games at www.grindinggear.com.