Drinkbox Studios’ To Bring Guacamelee! 2 To PC
Highly Anticipated Luchador Brawler Coming to Steam
Toronto – March 30th, 2018 – Independent video game developer Drinkbox Studios is announcing today that the studio is bringing its Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action-platforming game Guacamelee! 2 to PC via Steam. Releasing “soon,” players can get a taste of the sequel to the award-winning luchador brawler at PAX East by meeting with Drinkbox in the Indie MEGABOOTH. Starting today Steam users can add the game to their wishlist here:
Guacamelee! 2 expands upon the original game by introducing new levels, enemies, bosses and gameplay mechanics for the ultimate high-flying luchador experience. The game picks up seven years after the original story. Juan Aguacate is living a happy life with his family, when his friend and trainer Uay Chivo discovers a new evil menace that threatens to destroy not only Mexico, but time and space itself.
“We’re thrilled to announce that Guacamelee! 2 will be coming soon to a Steam Store near you!” said Graham Smith, Co-Founder of Drinkbox Studios. “Drinkbox Studios is also about to turn 10 years old! In celebration of our anniversary and this new announcement, we’ve decided to put the entire Drinkbox Steam catalog on sale at 90% off.”
Guacamelee! 2 will include a bevy of new features, including:
- New Player Mechanics – Experience all new mechanics like Eagle Boost, a hooking mechanic that allows Juan to attach and fly through “boost points” in the environment
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for the chicken form, giving the player more varied and interesting chicken gameplay
- New Enemies and Environments – Guacamelee 2 takes place in a whole new part of Mexico, with completely new areas, enemies, and bosses
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Take on enemies as a solo luchador, or with a group of friends!
- Visual Enhancements – Redesigned lighting system for both characters and environments to take advantage of advanced hardware rendering features
About Drinkbox Studios
Founded in 2008, Drinkbox Studios is the independent, Toronto-based video game developer responsible for creating games such as Mutant Blobs Attack!, Guacamelee! and Severed.
# # #