FRESH MAP, CARDS, HOLIDAY EVENTS UNITE FIRST MAJOR MAPLESTORY BLITZ UPDATE
The Content Update Brings New Gameplay and Features to Maple World’s Exciting Real-Time, Tactical Trading Card Game (TGC) for iPhone and Android
Seoul – Dec. 7, 2017 – Join Mercedes, Phantom, Kyrin, Oz and more for magnificent adventure in the first major update for MapleStory Blitz, the trading card game rebirth of the classic MapleStory role-playing game (RPG) from NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. The update delivers fresh cards, events, and an original map for new and experienced players to explore. The game’s new gameplay additions and features go live today in the Philippines, Malaysia and Australia on Google Play and the App Store.
MapleStory Blitz returns players to the struggle against the dastardly Black Mage, where players must build powerful decks, calculate winning strategy, and duel against the daunting foes to achieve victory. The content update adds 20 powerful new cards for players to collect and conquer, unveils the menacing new map, Cursed Temple, and hosts charming holiday events. More update features include:
- Improved Tutorial – The deck building tutorial has been simplified for intuitive use;
- Heroic Quests – Unlock new quests after clearing each dungeon three times;
- Fearless Heroes – Defeat challenging heroes and unlock each conquered hero in practice mode;
- Enhanced Competition –The user interface has also been enhanced to easily identify ranked matches and season closures;
- Rapid Combat – Finish battles faster with exponential damage increases following the game’s time limit expiration.
The update also includes several jolly holiday events, such as:
- Cursed Temple Event Quest – From Thursday, Dec. 7 through Thursday, Jan. 4, defeat Boss Balrog at the Cursed Temple on Normal and Hard modes to earn 10,000 Mesos and 250 Ncoins, respectively;
- Cursed Temple Victory Event – From Friday, Dec. 8 through Sunday, Dec. 17, defeat the Cursed Temple and share a screenshot on the Cursed Temple Victory Event PLUG page to win a whopping 15,000 Mesos;
- Holiday Daily Quests – Complete six quests in one day to receive 60 useful Ncoins (quests can be repeated);
- Ranked Match Turkey – Win three ranked matches in a row to earn one guaranteed Unique Card;
- Quick Match Turkey – Defeat three quick match opponents in a row to be awarded 10 Original Cards;
- Intense Card Aquion – Acquire 25 cards from Original Card packs to receive a valuable Christmas Tree Portrait;
- 25 Match Bonus – Conquer 25 challengers in quick or ranked matches to win 10,000 Mesos;
- 10 Match Bonus – Win ten quick or ranked matches for a rare Santa Hat Portrait reward;
- 2 Match Bonus – Defeat two ranked match opponents to receive 200 Ncoins.
MapleStory Blitz is free-to-play and rated E for Everyone (ESRB). The content update is available today on Android and iPhone in the Philippines, Malaysia and Australia. Additional information for members of the press:
- Download assets for MapleStory Blitz here.
- MapleStory Blitz Official PLUG: https://www.plug.game/maplestoryblitz
- MapleStory Blitz Official Forum: http://m.nexon.com/
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.