This is the Police out now on Nintendo Switch™ console
Vienna, Austria/Minsk, Belarus – October 24, 2017: Owning A Nintendo Switch™ console is paying off… Unleash your inner police chief with This Is the Police now! This is the Police is the 7th title receiving a PEGI 16 rating for the Nintendo Switch, according to the PEGI website.
Grab your Joy-Con™ and help Jack Boyd, Chief of Police, Freeburg PD, to fight crime, annoy the Mayor, the Mafia, the Labor Union and everyone else… but, more importantly, make a f****** fortune!
This is the Police on Nintendo eShop:
Starting with December 5, 2017 This is the Police for Nintendo Switch™ will also be available as a retail version.
About This Is the Police
This Is the Police is a strategy/adventure game set in a city spiraling the drain. Taking the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, you’ll dive into a deep story of crime and intrigue. Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken … or worse?
- Your mission is clear: make $500,000 in 180 days, before Jack Boyd reaches retirement. How? That’s up to you!
- Decisions, decisions! This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad, and… the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg’s Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys, and decide how to deal with them.
- Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
- Solve Investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
- Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favors, and each one comes at a price.
- Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.
This is the Police is also available for other consoles, PC, Mac and Linux as digital download and retail box (console version only).
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest and many more. THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany; Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona; Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad, Sweden; Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm, Sweden; Black Forest Games based in Offenburg, Germany, and Pieces Interactive based in Skoevde, Sweden.