Your Turn to #RunTheNeighborhood is Here! NBA® 2K18 is Now Available
Be part of the first fully-immersive basketball environment to explore, socialize, and most importantly compete with NBA 2K18’s groundbreaking new feature
Sydney, NSW – September 15, 2017 – 2K today announced that NBA® 2K18, the next iteration of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation series*, is now available for purchase at retail and online vendors worldwide. One of the most dominant entertainment franchises of the past decade, NBA 2K18 is reinventing sports gaming yet again with the introduction of the Neighborhood, the first live world inside NBA 2K18.
“Our commitment to authenticity has always been top priority, and we’re truly changing the game with the new features in NBA 2K18,” said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts. “It’s exciting to be at the forefront of sports gaming by evolving the franchise year after year, and we can’t wait for our community to experience it for themselves.”
NBA 2K18 on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One, Windows PC and Nintendo Switch delivers dynamic new features including:
- RUN THE ALL-NEW NEIGHBORHOOD: The future of sports career modes has arrived, allowing you to play the game the way you like while living in an immersive basketball themed environment. Build your career in NBA games, hit the courts in The Playground Park, join the Pro-Am circuit, or explore the shops and venues in an all-new open neighborhood setting.
- THE ROAD TO 99: The overarching meta-game that rewards users for improving their MyPLAYER’s overall rating, regardless of which MyCAREER modes they choose to play. Featuring a unified badge system across Pro-Am, Playground Park and your NBA journey in MyCAREER, your attributes, animations and badges all combine to define your play style on your road to a 99 overall rating.
- NEW MOTION SYSTEM: The new motion system brings player control to a new level of realism. Now, dribbling and off the ball movement are no longer driven by animations. This groundbreaking technology dynamically creates animations to deliver the best gameplay experience possible. You are now in complete control.
- MyTEAM: Collect cards featuring NBA legends from yesterday and today, and compete in a variety of online & offline modes including the all-new Super Max and Pack & Playoffs.
- UPDATED CREATE A PLAYER: Create the MyPLAYER you want, whether scanning your face with the MyNBA2K18 mobile app or building something custom using preset options. Hairstyles have been updated with numerous new options to choose from, and body weight and height are more accurately represented to ensure the unique look you want for your MyPLAYER.
- ALL-TIME TEAMS: The greatest players in NBA history from all 30 teams, together on All-Time franchise rosters for the very first time. Compete in Play Now to find out which franchise’s All-Time Team reigns supreme, or challenge all 30 All-Time Teams in MyTEAM’s All-Time Domination mode.
- CLASSIC TEAMS: Play with 62 of the NBA’s greatest teams from the past, including 17 new additions. Pit your favorite classic roster against current NBA teams, replay epic Finals matchups, find out if Shaq & Kobe can compete with the great Lakers teams of the past, or matchup the ’97-98 Bulls against the ’15-16 Warriors to settle the argument once and for all. The possibilities are endless.
The NBA 2K18 Standard Edition is now available in both digital and physical formats for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360, and Windows PC platforms (digital only). The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and Legend Edition Gold are also now available in digital formats, on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. NBA 2K18 is available in digital format on Nintendo Switch, and will be released physically on the platform on October 17, 2017.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K18 is rated G by the Australian Classification Board.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™, and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the innovative Evolve™, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com.