Sci-Fi Adventure Songbringer from one-man dev Wizard Fu Games Now Available on PlayStation 4
Procedurally generated Zelda-style action RPG follows the adventure of Roq and his robot companion Jib
Teesside – September 5th, 2017 – One-man development team Wizard Fu (Nathanael Weiss) and publisher Double Eleven are pleased to announce that Songbringer is now available on PlayStation 4, following its launch on Windows 10, Steam and Xbox One on September 1st.
Songbringer is an action RPG inspired by the original Zelda with real time combat, a wide range of weapons and a ton of hidden secrets. World maps are generated from a 6-letter world seed, which determines the layout of the overworld and dungeons.
Players guide Roq, a space-faring planetary surveyor who wakes up shirtless on a strange planet. With the help of robot companion Jib, it’s Roq’s job to piece together what’s happened and save the universe from the evil, ancient army he’s accidentally awoken…
…by stealing their Nanosword.
Only by exploring the harsh world of Ekzera, mastering the dungeons and defeating its fearsome bosses will Roq unlock the secrets of his power and return the galaxy to peace. Along the way he will uncover powerful artifacts and forge them anew, and use the Nanosword to crush galactic giants.
Songbringer gameplay features:
- Single-player action RPG
- Local co-operative two player mode
- Full gamepad support, including rumble
- Real time combat
- Seven kinds of weapons including the nanosword, boomerang-like top hat, bombs, blink orb, ghost sword projectile, lighter and kilo bombs
- Hundreds of unique items and powerups
- Some items can be combined, for example: ghost sword + lightning cube = lightning sword
- Hidden items, secret entrances, secret pathways, bomb-able walls
- Original soundtrack
- Online leaderboards highlight the top players based on completion time, percentage of map uncovered and percentage of items found
- Roguelike-inspired permadeath option which gives a higher score on the leaderboard and allows for faster runs
- Approximately 6-12 hours of gameplay per adventure, depending on thoroughness
- Procedurally generated overworld and dungeons
- A world contains: 1 overworld, 10 dungeons and 13 primary bosses
For more information on the game, please visit songbringer.com
About Double Eleven
Double Eleven is a UK-based indie publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Some of Double Eleven’s most popular titles include Prison Architect and Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation™ 3, PlayStation™ 4) and the team have recently released Super Cloudbuilt on Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation™ 4.
About Wizard Fu Games
Wizard Fu Games is a one-man indie game development studio based in Oakland, California. Nathanael Weiss does the programming, design, art, music and business. Wizard Fu’s current game in development is Songbringer, a procedurally-generated action RPG. Plans are to release the game summer of 2017 on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One.