THQ Nordic Announces Experiment 101’s Kung Fu Fable BIOMUTANT
Combine mutant powers, bionics and weapons in this original action RPG from team led by former Mad Max and Just Cause game director. Coming 2018
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN / VIENNA, AUSTRIA – Aug. 22, 2017 – THQ Nordic and independent developer Experiment 101 have revealed BIOMUTANT, a new and original open-world action RPG for the PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Windows PC. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be the hero and saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?
BIOMUTANT’s unique design lets players change their character’s abilities and appearance with powerful mutations, bionic prosthetics and weapons. Grow claws, sprout wings, or attach a robotic leg – each choice will impact the way your hero plays in real-time combat that blends melee martial arts and firearms.
Set in an imaginative post-apocalyptic universe, BIOMUTANT is a kung fu fable filled with fantastic creatures to discover, dangerous factions to navigate, and colorful worlds to explore with mechs, paragliders, balloons, mounts, jet skis and more.
BIOMUTANT is expected to launch in 2018. The game will be playable at the THQ Nordic Booth at Gamescom as well as at PAX West. For the latest updates as it develops, visit www.biomutant.com, and follow the team on Facebook and Twitter.
- A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT: The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY: You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING: Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE: You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD: You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END: A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
About The Developer: Experiment 101
Experiment 101 is an independent game development studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. The studio was co-founded in 2015 by Goodbye Kansas Game Invest and Swedish game development veteran Stefan Ljungqvist, a former studio art director and game director at Avalanche Studios and one of the key members on the team behind Mad Max and the Just Causs series.
About THQ NORDIC
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest and many more. THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany; Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona; Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad, Sweden and Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Copyright © 2017 Dead Good Media, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are in our media database… and we think that you’re smashing. unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
Dead Good Media – 69 Knowl Piece – Wilbury Way – Hitchin – SG4 0TY – UK