The Gladiator Update for MIRAGE: ARCANE WARFARE Unleashes New Content Into The Arena
Bots, New Weapon, New Magic Abilities, New Maps and Localization of 12 Total Languages Included in First Big Post-Release Content Drop
TORONTO, CANADA, July 20, 2017— Mirage: Arcane Warfare, the skill-based multiplayer FPS from the creators of the popular first-person medieval melee slasher Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, is receiving its first big addition of new content since launching on Steam May 23. The Gladiator Update includes new weapons and new Arenas, and the addition of language localization, adding 10 new languages to bring the total up to 12. In addition to English and Russian, Mirage: Arcane Warfare is now also fully localized in French, Italian, Spanish, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Portuguese Brazilian.
The Gladiator Update will also add a much-requested new feature with the implementation of bot-assisted servers. On select 6v6 and 3v3 maps and modes, AI opponents will be added or removed as players join or leave to keep the teams populated and even throughout the match.
Check out the new trailer for The Gladiator Update here:
The powerful Taurant class will have a new double-handed Greatsword to hack enemies to gibs with, with dozens of art variants to keep the visuals fresh. Other characters will receive new magic abilities to punish their enemies in battle with including:
- Alchemancer – Depth Charge: Release a flurry of explosions along the ground in front of you
- Vypress – Pincer: A brutal melee attack with a long wind-up that leads to a crushing blow on a single rival
- Vigilist – Surround Parry: Put up a magical armor barrier around you that stops all incoming attacks for the time it is active
Players can explore these new tools of chaos in two new Arena maps. Both Arena maps feature smaller areas for more intense 3 on 3 combat action:
- The Pit: Beware of the exploding geyser in the center of this map, a sunken pit under the blaze of a hot desert sun. Prisoners are thrown into this arena to fight to the death, for the entertainment of their captors
- Old Arena: Located high in remote mountains, battle in this crumbling, forsaken gladiatorial arena with a twist. Avoid falling through the collapsed floor or risk losing your limbs in a death trap of painful wooden scaffolding
Veteran players of Mirage: Arcane Warfare who have achieved higher rankings will also get their own special new content in The Gladiator Update. New armor variant unlocks will be available to those high-ranking players, with exclusive color gradients per team.
In Mirage: Arcane Warfare, the calm of a strange fantasy world is shattered by ruthless civil war. Warriors armed with steel and magic bring violence and death as they do battle across a fantastical Arabian and Persian-inspired setting of desert sands, market bazaars and grand palaces. Built using the powerful new capabilities of Unreal Engine 4, Mirage: Arcane Warfare presents visually stunning backdrops to some viscerally brutal multiplayer combat.
About Torn Banner Studios
Torn Banner Studios is a small indie games studio that makes BIG games. Based in Toronto Canada, Torn Banner Studios was founded in 2012 by a group of passionate game developers who are dedicated to creating powerful and unique games for a dedicated audience of fans. The nucleus of the team first came together from a group of modders who created a well-known Half-Life 2 mod called Age of Chivalry. Their first full game, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, was a critical and commercial success and has driven the dedicated team at Torn Banner to continue to develop great games and ongoing content for their passionate community of fans. For more information visit TornBanner.com or follow @TornBanner.