NBA PLAYGROUNDS COMING MAY 9 FOR PLAYSTATION®4, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH™ AND WINDOWS PC
MAPLEWOOD, N.J. – May 3, 2017 – Independent developer Saber Interactive has confirmed that NBA Playgrounds will be available on May 9 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and Windows PC (Steam) as a digital-only release for $19.99. Yes, next week!
Classic NBA arcade action is back! Take your “A” game to the playground and beat the best in high-flying 2-on-2 basketball action. Play as NBA superstars and legends from the past, including Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Steph Curry and Shaquille O’Neal.
- Up your Game! Features a progression system to unlock real NBA players. Uncover new moves for each player as you upgrade their experience.
- Tournaments and Online Play. Play solo, with friends in local and online multiplayer, or against the world in online tournaments.
- Lottery Pick System. The lottery pick system introduces a new twist to the game by rewarding great play with unique rewards.
- Massive Roster of NBA Superstars. Current and retired ballers from all the official NBA teams will be available at launch. Hundreds more NBA superstars will be added post-launch.
- Over-the-top Moves. Timing is key, whether you’re shooting 3-pointers, pulling off major dunks, showing off your finger-roll game, or defying analytics and winning with long 2-pointers.
NBA Playgrounds is rated E (Everyone) by the ESRB and PEGI 3+. For more information, visit www.nbaplaygrounds.game, like NBAPlaygrounds on Facebook, and follow @NBA_Playgrounds on Twitter. NBA Playgrounds is published by Mad Dog.
About Saber Interactive
Based in the U.S. and Russia, Saber Interactive is an independent developer whose credits include Quake Champions, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo: Master Chief Collection, and others. The company has multiple development studios across the world making great games and bringing fun interactive experiences to life.
About Mad Dog
Mad Dog is a publisher of digital video games, focused on independent games with a potential for wide appeal. Offering seasoned production, marketing and distribution services, Mad Dog shepherds games through development and testing then promotes and releases them on Steam, Twitch, the PlayStation®Store, Xbox Games Store, Nintendo eShop, GOG.com, Humble Store and the Mac App Store.