JACKBOX GAMES LAUNCHES THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 3 ON NINTENDO SWITCH™
YOU DON’T KNOW JACK® Studio Debuts on New Console with Critically Acclaimed Five-game Bundle
CHICAGO – April 13, 2017 – Jackbox Games, the independent developer of hilarious party games like Drawful, Fibbage, Quiplash and YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, has released The Jackbox Party Pack 3 on Nintendo Switch™, marking the series’ first appearance on a Nintendo console. This latest collection of five multiplayer games uses phones or tablets as controllers. By entering a room code at Jackbox.tv, players anywhere in the world can join the fun, and with Audience Mode, up to 10,000 additional players can help affect the outcome of the game. And for the first time on consoles, the game can be played on the go utilizing the Nintendo Switch’s portability*.
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 features five uproarious games:
- Quiplash 2 is a bigger, better version of the original, with more say-anything prompts and a new final round, The Last Lash. Users can also write their own custom prompts, making it infinitely replayable.
- Trivia Murder Party challenges up to eight contestants to test their knowledge while being held captive by a hilariously unstable serial killer.
- Guesspionage is a game of percentages that asks up to eight players to guess the public’s answers to thought-provoking questions.
- Tee K.O. combines your artistic side with witty wordplay by turning drawings and slogans from up to eight players into hysterical T-shirts. And if you like a design, you can even buy it on a real shirt!
- Fakin’ It tasks up to six players with secret, ridiculous instructions, with the exception of one clueless player who must lie and cheat to avoid being discovered as “The Faker.”
The collection also includes improved audience and streaming features, like the ability to censor unwanted answers from unruly players in real time, and a Family Friendly Filter for managing the sometimes-edgy content of Guesspionage, Fakin’ It and Quiplash 2.
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is available today as a digital title on the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for $24.99 and is rated T (Teen) by the ESRB. For the latest from Jackbox Games, please visit www.jackboxgames.com, and follow the studio on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.
*Nintendo Switch will need to be connected to the internet to play The Jackbox Party Pack 3. Thankfully, if you’re out and about and can’t find Wi-Fi, the Jackbox crew has tested the game using a 4G phone as a hotspot, while still using that same phone as a controller, and everything works great. The game’s bandwidth requirements are small, so players won’t need to worry about their phone data usage skyrocketing.
About Jackbox Games
Jackbox Games, formerly Jellyvision Games, is a developer and publisher of party games on major gaming platforms and home entertainment devices. The studio is best known for comedic party games like YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, Fibbage, Quiplash and Drawful. Jackbox Games “make the world’s best party games” according to Business Insider. YOU DON’T KNOW JACK has been called “the greatest quiz-show game ever made” by The Onion’s A.V. Club. All current-generation Jackbox games feature the innovative use of mobile devices as controllers, allowing anyone with an internet-connected phone, tablet or laptop to join a game without the need for extra game controllers. Players connect to games on their devices by going to http://jackbox.tv/ and entering the custom game code displayed via the system hosting the game. This unique concept also allows for games that involve secret player input. The digital release of The Jackbox Party Pack, a massive collection of five party games, was named “Best Local Multiplayer Game of the Year” by Giant Bomb. The company is located in Chicago, Illinois.