Dreamfall Chapters: New Video introduces Characters and Storylines
Console versions get reworked puzzles and all-new character designs
MUNICH – April 27 2017 – Red Thread Games and Deep Silver released a new video today for the upcoming 3D Adventure Dreamfall Chapters which is due to launch on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system by Microsoft, on May 5th.
The video introduces the two heroes of the game and summarizes their adventures from the predecessor, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, giving a glimpse into the deep story of the game and allowing new players to follow up on the events that led to its epic finale in Dreamfall Chapters. Beside the look back, the video will also be featured in the upcoming game as introduction to the two diverse worlds that build the foundation of the The Longest Journey saga.
Dreamfall Chapters is a 3D Adventure set in parallel worlds: one a dark cyberpunk vision of our future, the other a magical fantasy realm. The game follows two unlikely heroes on their journeys across worlds to save the very fabric of reality from falling apart. Dreamfall Chapters is a mature, emotional, dark, magical and heart-breaking adventure that will take players by surprise.
Both console versions of Dreamfall Chapters come with numerous enhancements: reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects, plus an expanded in-game soundtrack as well as improved sound-effects.
- GRIPPING STORY: Experience a deep and emotional storyline with over 100 fully voiced characters in EN and DE and continue the epic saga of The Longest Journey
- FAR-REACHING DECISIONS: Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences
- EXCITING EXPLORATION: Delve into over 50 beautifully crafted locations, exploring each of them using the direct control interface.
- DIVERSE WORLDS: Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of our future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape
- THREE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls.
- CHALLENGING PUZZLES & RIDDLES: Solve the completely plot-driven puzzles and riddles which are an integral part of the game’s narrative.
- ENHANCED ON CONSOLES: Enjoy the definitive experience of Dreamfall Chapters on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One with reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects plus an expanded in-game soundtrack as well as improved sound-effects.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com.
About Red Thread Games
Red Thread Games is a developer of story-driven games for PC, consoles and mobile. Founded in 2012, the studio has self-published episodic adventure Dreamfall Chapters for Windows PC and Mac, and is currently working on the enhanced console ports of the game. Red Thread Games is based in Oslo, Norway.