New extended NieR: Automata video highlights RPG elements of Action-RPG title
LONDON (1st March 2017) – To help players get ready for the upcoming release of NieR: Automata™, Square Enix Ltd., today released a new video that showcases some of the various RPG elements that feature in the game. The video highlights several gameplay systems, skills and features that provide depth to the game’s fast-paced action.
Showcased elements include:
- “Reliquary” System – Players can return to where their characters were defeated to gain additional buffs, or even gain an ally to assist in their battle against the fearsome machines.
- 17 Different Pod Skills – Using “Pods,” your mini-robot companions, players can not only temporarily hover or be thrown distances to access additional areas, but each Pod can be programmed with a variety of offensive and defense skills, including lasers, hammers, and more. By using up to three Pods at the same time, players can also charge their skills to make them up to three times stronger.
- “Plug-in-Chip” System – By installing chips into your android body, players can increase damage and add skills to help survive against enemies.
- Riding System – Players can ride boars and other wildlife for quicker travel, while also using them to attack.
- Quest Hub – As players immerse themselves in the desolate world, they can take on a variety of sub-quests from multiple Quest Hubs scattered throughout.
- Fishing Mini-game – Players can catch a variety of fish through this mini-game to sell or gain temporary beneficial status effect.
NieR: Automata is developed by SQUARE ENIX and PlatinumGames Inc. and will be available on 10th March 2017 for the PlayStation®4. A free playable demo is also available to download now from: http://bit.ly/2k9txbV.
To pre-order from the PlayStation®Store now, visit: http://bit.ly/2k38XYg.
Story of NieR: Automata
Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing their secret weapon: the machines. In the face of this insurmountable threat, the human race is driven from the earth and takes refuge on the moon.
The humans develop an army of android soldiers to fight back against the mechanical horde, but succeed only in slowing its advance. To break the deadlock, a new breed of android infantry is sent into the fray: the YoRHa squad.
In the forsaken wasteland below, the war between the machines and the androids rages on. A war that is soon to unveil the long-forgotten truth of this world
About PlatinumGames Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent entertainment developer based in Osaka, Japan, dedicated to making high quality, next generation games for a variety of hardware platforms. Loaded with some of the gaming industry’s most talented creators, PlatinumGames seeks to break the mold of a sequel driven industry by creating innovative, original IP that exceed users’ expectations. For more information, please visit: www.platinumgames.com .
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive™, Crystal Dynamics®, and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 130 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 70 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://eu.square-enix.com/en
NieR: Automata © 2017 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Developed by PlatinumGames Inc.
NIER, the NieR: Automata logo, FINAL FANTASY, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.