MLB Manager 2017 Available Now For Android and iOS
Official Licensee of MLB.com and MLBPA, Featuring 2017 Opening Day Rosters
Out of the Park Developments, an official licensee of MLB.com, MiLB.com, and the Major League Baseball Players Association (MLBPA), today announced that MLB Manager 2017 is available now for Android and iOS at Google Play and the Apple App Store, respectively. This exciting mobile game allows players to take control of any MLB team, past or present, and guide it through unlimited seasons of championship chasing. An option to create fictional leagues is also included.
Like Out of the Park Baseball 18, which was released on March 24, 2017, MLB Manager 2017 features the official Major League Baseball logo, as well as official logos for all 30 MLB teams, historical MLB logos, and the World Series trophy. The MLBPA license allows MLB Manager 2017 to include real player names and stats too.
MLB Manager 2017 also features 2017 Opening Day rosters, with the projected 40-man roster for each team. It sells for US$4.99, with historical seasons available as in-app purchases.
“Guide your team through unlimited seasons of championship chasing while on the go, any time, anywhere. You don’t even need an Internet connection,” said lead developer Sebastian Palkowski.
New features in MLB Manager 2017:
– 2017 Opening Day MLB rosters, including top prospects
– Beautiful new interface
– Improved AI for trading, roster building, contract negotiations and in-game management
– Improved league news and play-by-play text
MLB Manager 2017’s core features include:
Three game modes:
- Major League: Mobile managers guide their favorite Major League Baseball teams through the 2017 season and beyond
- Fictional: A fresh customizable world full of fictional players, providing a unique challenge each time
- Historical Major League: Three exciting past seasons to recreate — 1927, 1948, or 1997 — with the ability to buy more through in-app. (Historical seasons are $0.99 each, 10 for $4.99, or all seasons dating back to 1901 for $19.99.)
In Historical Major League mode, real players show up in the draft when they made their actual major league debuts, assuming the user owns those seasons.
- Managerial options that enable players to set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts before taking the field to make in-game calls, including when to issue hit-and-run and steal signs, how to configure the defense, when to pull pitchers and put in pinch-hitters, and more.
Players can also let the computer handle those decisions and set a series of sliders that dictate overall strategies, such as aggressiveness on the base paths, how often to pitch around batters, and more. They can simulate the season a day or a week at a time, jumping back in to manage games whenever they want. A Simulate to Date X function allows players to simulate to a specific date, with a Don’t Disturb option that enables uninterrupted long-term sims.
- A play-by-play text stream that describes what’s happening on the field during the game, making it feel like a radio broadcast.
- An in-depth financial system that allows players to unleash their inner GMs. Are they looking for undervalued players who might help the team win while keeping payroll low, or are they free-wheeling spenders seeking high-profile free agents for the big win?
Players oversee trades, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, draft players, cultivate minor league prospects, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and disabled list, and more. A Shop a Player function lets them field offers from other teams, while shortlists let armchair GMs easily keep track of certain players.
About Out of the Park Developments
Out of the Park Developments is the developer of the award-winning OOTP and MLB Manager series of baseball management simulations, Franchise Hockey Manager, and Beyond the Sideline Football. German-based OOTP Developments was founded by Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht in 1999. OOTP Developments has consistently produced games that have met with critical acclaim, including winning Metacritic’s coveted “Game of the Year” for the 2007 edition of OOTP, which remains the second highest-rated PC game on Metacritic of all time. Further information on the company and its games is available from the OOTP Developments website, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com
Established in June 2000 following a unanimous vote by the 30 Major League Baseball club owners to centralize all of Baseball’s Internet operations, MLB Advanced Media LP (MLBAM) is the interactive media and internet company of Major League Baseball. MLBAM manages the official league site, MLB.com,and each of the 30 individual Club sites to create the most comprehensive Major League Baseball resource on the Internet. MLB.com offers fans the most complete baseball information and interactivity across computers and mobile devices, including up-to-date statistics, game previews and summaries, extensive historical information, online ticket sales, baseball merchandise, authenticated memorabilia and collectibles, fantasy games, live full-game video streaming and in-progress and on-demand highlights, live and archived audio broadcasts, Gameday pitch-by-pitch application, Statcast tracking technology, around-the-clock hosted and specialty video programming, complete blogging capabilities, console and mobile video games and the award-winning At Bat and Ballpark mobile applications. MLBAM powers more live events across the Internet than any other company in the world.
Major League Baseball Players Association
The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.