NEXON KOREA CELEBRATES MEDAL MASTERS AND MABINOGI DUEL WITH NEW EVENTS AND UPDATES
Seoul – Feb. 14, 2017 – NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, is rolling out special events to celebrate the first anniversary of the real-time, party-based role playing game (RPG), Medal Masters and unveiling a new content update for the addictive strategic mobile trading card game (TCG), Mabinogi Duel. Mabinogi Duel is available to download in the App Store and on Google Play. In addition, Medal Masters is available for iOS and for Android.
Mabinogi Duel, based on the acclaimed massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Mabinogi, lets fans of TCG games rise to be a champion through battles with duelists from all over the world. The latest update gives players a new home menu, special edition booster, and more.
The new update includes:
- New home menu: allows players to easily view multiple in-game content in one glance;
- Forrest of the Dead generation and new boosters: players will celebrate Valentine’s day with Miri, the Mage and her special edition booster as well as experience the lover’s delight through the latest cards featuring Dante, the Scholar and Beatrice of Salvation;
- Special updates: duelists may use new Special Tickets to enter arenas and unlock card boosters as well as choose the BGM of their liking;
- Limited time events:
- From now to Feb. 20, to celebrate the official release of the Forest of the Dead, players will have access to new event arenas;
- From now through Feb. 22, fans have a chance to acquire a new hero, Belphegor and a new card, Chocolate Bouquet by clearing missions and participating in events.
Medal Masters gives players dynamic battles in the real-time, party-based RPG, with character designs reminiscent of retro gaming. To celebrate Medal Masters’ first anniversary since launch, Nexon Korea is rolling out a series of events to thank fans around the world.
- One-year anniversary event:
- From now to Feb. 21, players will have access to the special event dungeon featuring enemies and special one-year anniversary coins;
- From now to March 1, the event shop will allow players to purchase special gift boxes for a variety of content;
- From now to Feb. 21, 20 new special Achievement Quests will be added to earn one-year anniversary coins as rewards;
- From now to Feb. 21, two limited packages will be available to access a variety of content;
- Log-in event:
- From now to Feb. 15, players who log-in to Medal Masters will receive a variety of rewards including gems and coins;
- Developer’s choice event:
- From now to Feb. 21, a Premium Gacha, only available for a limited time, will give players a higher chance to obtain special heroes.
Additional Information for members of the press:
- Visit the official Mabinogi Duel website: http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/
- Official Mabinogi Duel Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mabinogiduel
- Mabinogi Duel Trailer: https://youtu.be/g8x0FE0LsfE
- Visit the official Medal Masters website: http://medal.nexon.com
- Official Medal Masters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MedalMasters
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently
services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.