Cities: Skylines Coming to Xbox One This Year
Award-Winning City-Builder Launches in Spring 2017
Larkspur, Calif. – Feb. 16, 2017 — Paradox Interactive and Deep Silver today announced that Cities: Skylines, the award-winning management game, will release for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system by Microsoft. Cities: Skylines – Xbox One Edition, optimized for play on a controller by Tantalus Media, will bring the game to new audiences worldwide when it launches in spring 2017, allowing players to build and manage everything from small towns to sprawling metropolitan cities. Along with the core Cities: Skylines game, the Xbox One Edition will also include Cities: Skylines – After Dark, the game’s first expansion, which adds tourism and nightlife options to the robust feature list.
See the game running on the Xbox One hardware in this new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_zDorj9nZI&feature=youtu.be
“Paradox is a company that’s proud to publish and support ‘niche’ games, and we’re happy to be able to bring those specialized experiences to console as well,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “Cities: Skylines has built one of the biggest and most active communities we’ve seen among Paradox’s fans, and that’s saying a lot. We can’t wait to welcome Xbox One players into that group, and I’m eager to see the towns and cities they can build.”
Cities: Skylines is a best-selling management game, available for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs, and coming very soon to Xbox One with all of its deep gameplay and unique charm along for the ride. The Xbox One Edition includes the award-winning base game, bundled together with the popular After Dark expansion, allowing players to plan and design for their cities’ nightlife and tourist attractions.
Cities: Skylines – Xbox One Edition will feature:
- Build the city of your dreams: Plan road networks, bus lines and parks. Bring on a smog-filled industrial revolution or create a quiet beach town ideal for tourists powered by renewable energy. Bring education, healthcare and safety to your citizens. Build it your way!
- Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: Playing as the mayor of your city, you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements such as education, water electricity, police, firefighting, healthcare and much more, along with your city’s economy. Citizens within your city react fluidly, keeping you on your toes with ever-evolving demands.
- Extensive local traffic simulation: Managing traffic and the needs of your citizens to work and play will require the use of several interactive transport systems – use careful road planning alongside buses, trains, subways, and much more.
- Districts and policies: Be more than just another city hall official! Create a car-free downtown area, assign free public transport to your waterfront, or ban pets in suburbia. Designate parts of your city as a district in order to set policy at the local level, and give different parts of town their own personalities.
- After Dark included: Watch your city become an entirely different place at night: a day-night cycle will have your citizens seeking out places to unwind after work. Add in new policies and zones to create popular hotspots and provide enough taxis and trains to get to and from the clubs!
For more information on Cities: Skylines, visit http://www.citiesskylines.com/.
# # #
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company’s own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Victoria and the Hearts of Iron series created by Paradox Development Studio. 2013 will be Paradox Interactive’s most ambitious line-up of titles to date with such anticipated releases as Impire, Dungeonland, The Showdown Effect, Cities in Motion 2 and Europa Universalis IV. It is also expanding its presence in the free-to-play arena with the upcoming game Salem: The Crafting MMO.
For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com , join our forum at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com and follow us at www.facebook.com/ParadoxInteractive and www.twitter.com/pdxinteractive
Our offices are located in New York, USA and Stockholm, Sweden. We work with renowned distributors worldwide and are present on all major digital download portals. We share a passion for gaming and gamers and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay to our growing 500,000 + member community .