VR INVADERS NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM VR
Dive Into My.com’s New Story Driven VR Shooter
Amsterdam, The Netherlands – December 15, 2016 – Global publisher My.com is proud to announce that their first virtual reality PC game, VR Invaders, is now available on Steam VR. Follow the story of Thomas Hall in this visceral shooter experience in the year 2046. In this future timeline, some people spend almost all of their life logged into the virtual reality programs, to the delight of corporations. However, not everyone stays logged in voluntarily. Sometimes a VR user can’t disconnect because of a virus. To protect their profits and extract the “Stuck,” corporations have hired freelance hackers called Divers to enter the client’s neural session and reboot it. Thomas Hall is one of them, and he is always up for the task.
“My.com has created virtual worlds for players for years now and it is finally time to let them truly dive in,” said Volker Boenigk, Producer at My.com. “VR Invaders is our first entry into this exciting market. Gamers are embracing VR rapidly and in the story of our game, we explore what might lie ahead for humanity once we all do!”
VR Invaders is developed by My.com’s in-house studio and delivers a story driven dive into Virtual Reality. Built on Unreal engine 4, VR Invaders puts the player in the role of a Diver. They are special members of a virtual reality rescue force that plunges into VR when dreams turn into nightmares. During a routine operation to rescue a “stuck” user, the player will have to fight back unexpected hordes of droids created by a vicious virus program. Equipped with a blaster that has multiple firing modes and a time-bending energy shield, players can rush through a variety of levels with challenging bosses at the end of each level. Players will be able to use power ups to slow time or even equip dual blasters, which will significantly help in critical situations that are created by the virus program.
Steam VR page: store.steampowered.com/app/561360
- We must go deeper: Engaging story with interesting characters, which unfolds as you “Dive” into a virtual reality program of a future world to save a user that is stuck, and to battle the unforeseen causes of the glitch.
- Fast-paced action: Shoot with a blaster and block bullets with a shield. Core mechanics are easy to grasp, but using them to the fullest against all the threats will be a challenge.
- Various levels: Virtual reality is vast. You’ll see radically different and gorgeous environments, from claustrophobic and dark, to enormously big and bright. Level structure shapes the gameplay.
- Hordes of droids: Enemies are numerous in quantity and type. Each one behaves differently and demands a change in combat tactics. A memorable boss awaits at the end of every level.
- Slow motion shield power: Freeze time to a halt when you need breathing space. Use this to kill lots of enemies at once or to check that no one is attacking you from the side.
- Multifunctional blaster: Gather power-ups from killed enemies to temporary transform your cyber weapon into various more powerful modes, such as a laser, a plasma gun, or dual blasters.
- Different play modes: After completing a level in story mode, you can replay it in rating mode on three different difficulty levels to get a high score and become the best cyberspace diver.
VR Invaders is accessible for HTC Vive or Oculus Rift + Touch users through Steam VR today.
# # #
My.com comprises myMail, MAPS.ME, myTarget, and online and mobile games. Its mobile communications and entertainment services and apps facilitate people in pursuing their business goals – and let them relax and have a good time gaming in-between. Copyright © 2016 My.com.
For more information, visit my.com