FANTASY WAR TACTICS RECEIVES NEW CONTENT UPDATE FEATURING MAPLESTORY
Immensely Popular PC MMORPG MapleStory Meets the Definitive Mobile Strategy RPG in Latest Content Update for iOS and Android
Seoul – Dec. 20, 2016 – Fans of mobile strategy role-playing game (SRPG), Fantasy War Tactics now have the chance to unleash their hidden power as NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, continues its run of video game collaborations bringing together two epic with the “Fantasy War Tactics x MapleStory Collaboration”. Since its launch for Android and iOS devices in 2015, Fantasy War Tactics has reached over a million downloads in 153 countries. The new update is now available to new and returning players to download via Google Play and the App Store.
As an ambitious wizard bent on conquering the world, players make their way throughFantasy War Tactics utilizing their heroes’ character skills, the surrounding terrain, and their friends to help them achieve victory in battles along their journey to greatness. The “Fantasy War Tactics x MapleStory Collaboration” update will introduce three new characters from the immensely popular and long-running massively multiplayer online role playing game, MapleStory. The update also introduces a new Hell mode location, the Tower of Dawn. For a limited time, players will have the opportunity to travel and explore a whole new land from Maple World, the Lost Island. The update will also feature a special event shop filled with exclusive items to commemorate the MapleStorycollaboration.
The “Fantasy War Tactics x MapleStory Collaboration” update offers players:
- Three iconic MapleStory heroes to recruit: Play as and unlock three of the legendary Six Heroes from MapleStory: archer and ruler of the elves, Mercedes, and the greatest thief to ever live, Phantom; as well as the unsuspecting farm boy turned dragon master, Evan;
- Phantom’s Lost Island to explore: Journey to the event dungeon, Phantom’s Lost Island, for a chance to a battle against hordes of enemies for awesome rewards (available until Jan. 19);
- Rewards for returning users: Players who log into the game will also receive a reward each day they return (up to four times) to receive: ★3 Token of Return Full Set Equipment Capsule, ★4 Premium Rebirth Ticket, ★5 Premium Rebirth Ticket and 1,000 Perfect Genes (available until Jan. 31);
- MapleStory event shop: Purchase limited time exclusive items to power up and strengthen each of the heroes, such as Evan’s limited edition ‘Marine Boy Evan’ costume (available until Jan. 18).
Additional information for members of the press:
- Fantasy War Tactics Official Homepage: https://fwar.nexon.com
- Fantasy War Tactics Official Forum: https://m.nexon.com/forum/4
- Fantasy War Tactics Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fwar
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About NEXON GT Co. Ltd.
NEXON GT Co. Ltd. (“NEXON GT”) (041140.KQ) is leading developer studio and subsidiary of NEXON Co. Ltd. Founded in Korea in 2004, NEXON GT has developed numerous hits across online and mobile platform. Major titles from NEXON GT include Sudden Attack, Fantasy War Tactics and Monster Squad.