DURANGO, REVOLUTIONARY MOBILE MMO BEGINS LIMITED BETA
Innovative Sandbox Mobile MMO with Primitive Dinosaurs and Massive Player Versus Player Battles from Developers of Vindictus Opens Worldwide Limited Testing for iOS and Android
Seoul – Dec. 14, 2016 – Registered fans from around the world will be the first to roam, explore and conquer the immensely beautiful, but dangerous world of Durango, the latest sandbox massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) from NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Durango is a pioneering MMORPG with an endless number of islands, full of primitive dinosaurs awaiting player discovery. The Durangolimited beta testing will continue from now to Jan. 4, 2017. Eager Android users wishing to join the limited beta test can still register on the Durango website:https://i.nx.com/0Ux.
Developed by Eunseok Yi, developer of ‘Mabinogi’ and ‘Vindictus’ and director of What! Studio, players participating in the Durango limited beta tests will be propelled into an unknown world where dinosaurs still roam around freely. Players will get a glimpse into a beautiful, but dangerous world where survival is the number one priority. Jampacked with a fully-immersive and interactive experience, players will lead their characters as they learn to build communities, hunt, scavenge and battle to keep their clan alive in the foreign land plagued by rival clans and dinosaurs.
During this round of limited beta, MMO fans from all around the world will:
- Be a pioneer in an endless open world: Endless numbers of islands in Durango‘s seamless open world awaits player discovery;
- Building an empire: Players can develop their settlement from scratch with fellow players from around the world, and prosper by trading goods;
- Hunt or tame dinosaurs: Learn to tame, ride or hunt down a diverse set of vicious and iconic dinosaurs;
- Engage in epic clan versus clan battles: Battle against other clans to protect one’s homeland in massive clan battles;
- Develop specialties with emergent crafting and skill training: Find various ways to master activities through Durango’s innovative system.
The Durango limited beta is available in the US, Europe, Australia, Canada, South America, and other select territories, excluding mainland China and Japan.
- Visit the official Durango website: https://i.nx.com/0Ux
- Durango official Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/playdurango
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile
games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based
massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions
and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users
have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently
services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo,
Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About WHAT! Studio
What! Studio (“What Studio”) is one of the leading development teams of NEXON Korea Corporation, led by the director Eunseok Yi, a developer of Mabinogi and Vindictus.
Fun and innovation are the core values, and their mission is to provide players with a unique and memorable experience through distinctive and sophisticated games. What Studio is currently working on their very first project, Durango, which is a challenge making themselves as true pioneers as developers; and hope the game will also inspire players to become true pioneers as well.