AMPLITUDE STUDIOS LAUNCHES ENDLESS SPACE 2 ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS TODAY
Help the Devs Make it the Best 4X Strategy Game Yet!
Paris, France – October 6, 2016 – Award-winning developer Amplitude Studios announced today that Endless Space 2 is available now on Steam, for $37.49, a 25% discount off the $49.99 retail price for the Digital Deluxe Edition, and $29.99, a 25% discount off the $39.99 retail price for the Standard Edition. Set in the same universe as critically-acclaimed Endless Space and Endless Legend, Endless Space 2 is a turn-based, 4X space-strategy game that expands the Endless universe even further.
In addition to the Standard Edition, Endless Space 2 is available in a Digital Deluxe Edition (only available during Early Access), which contains the digital Soundtrack from FlybyNo and cosmetic in-game bonuses inspired by the Pathfinders of the Academy.
“Endless Space 2 has been such a fun development process, building upon Endless Space and Endless Legend, and creating the game brick by brick,” said Romain de Waubert de Genlis, Creative Director at Amplitude Studios. “Our games are deep, and we need lots of different people collaborating and contributing their thoughts and suggestions during Early Access, to help us formulate the perfect game.”
The Early Access version of Endless Space 2 features four of the eight factions planned for the full release of the game. Discover each faction’s story, from the AI gone berserk to the origins of the lethal Endless creation called the Cravers. Feel like an emperor and see your population react to all your decisions, as they will be the source but also the key to all your conflicts. Explore the Endless universe, discover its secrets, its new life forms and find your own path to galactic dominion.
Endless Space 2 Early Access Features:
- Asymmetric Factions: Discover the unique gameplay and storyline of each faction.
- Check Your Surroundings: Every person reacts differently to their surroundings, your actions and game events — your population fuels your power, but they can be hard to control.
- Amplified Reality: Scan the map to get more detailed information with a simple keyboard touch. Keep the game as simple as possible while still allowing more detailed information for those who want it.
- Immersive Battles: Prepare your ships, organize your fleets, choose your strategies, and study the results in real time.
- Rich, Endless Universe: Quests and events linked to population, heroes, exploration, thriving factions – Endless Space 2 has everything you need to create your own story!
- Four Factions: Pick a race and build your colony from the first four factions available: Sophons, Voydani, Cravers, and Lumeris. A total of eight factions, including one that is entirely created by the community, is planned for the Gold release.
- Two Victory Types: Play for 100 turns and either Score or be Eliminated. More victory types will be added later.
Known for its deep, engaging, and gorgeous 4X strategy games including 2014’s celebrated Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless, Amplitude Studios won the venerable 2013 Golden Cube and Community Choice Unity Awards for Endless Space and the 2015 Best 3D Visual Experience for Endless Legend. For more information on Endless Space 2, visit Amplitude Studios on its Website (www.amplitude-studios.com), like it on Facebook, and follow it on Twitter.
# # #
ABOUT AMPLITUDE STUDIOS
Amplitude is an independent team of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: Create the best strategy games with the players’ help! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world on major AAA titles. Since Amplitude’s creation in 2011, the studio has released Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend, all critically acclaimed. A pioneer in its working method, while developing its first game Amplitude launched an open crowdsourced development process called “GAMES2GETHER.” This platform enables the community to participate in the creation of a video game from the early stages of development. Today, this methodology enables the studio to fulfill the expectations of its players while earning international recognition for the quality of its productions. Read more at www.amplitude-studios.com.
ABOUT SEGA® EUROPE LTD.
SEGA Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s website is located at www.sega.com.