OSIRIS: NEW DAWN INITIATES FIRST SPACE MISSION INTO STEAM EARLY ACCESS
Explore an Unknown Solar System, Build Expandable Habitats, Pilot High-Tech
Vehicles and Mechs, Battle Alien Horrors, and Colonize Planets with Friends
TWAIN HARTE, CA – September 28, 2016 – Independent game developer Fenix Fire Entertainment and Reverb Triple XP, an initiative of the veteran PR team at Reverb Communications, is proud to set a new standard in the space exploration survival genre with Osiris: New Dawn. Launching today on Steam Early Access, gamers will embark on a daring enterprise, experiencing a breathtaking outer limits adventure for the future survival of humankind.
Watch the grand Osiris: New Dawn launch trailer:
Houston, we have a big, big problem.
Osiris astronauts will experience the thrill and terror of colonizing alien worlds of unbelievable beauty and unforgiving dangers. Osiris: New Dawn players explore an alien planet for valuable resources, build modular structures to create a base, research technology to create equipment and vehicles, survive the ever-changing weather elements, face-off against cunning indigenous creatures, form colonies with other gamers, and travel off the planet to destinations great and unknown.
“After five years of development, making Osiris available on Steam Early Access is like playing the game itself, incredible and frightening,” stated Brian McRae, CEO and founder of Fenix Fire. “This is just the very beginning of this epic journey, as we deliver what we think is a stellar experience to players. We plan to continuously add new content as we expand the mission. I look forward to hearing fan’s constructive feedback and seeing what they enjoy and what they want to be added to make Osiris as grand as space itself.”
There’s very few things more fun in Osiris: New Dawn than traveling in a mech, guns blazing.
As part of the second colonization team sent by the U.N.E. (United Nations of Earth) to study planets for potential Earth re-population, the spacecraft malfunctions, braking violently from light speed and forcing an emergency landing on the planet’s surface. To survive, players must overcome the dangers of unpredictable weather conditions by building a central base, expanding the structure further with modular units to grow food, creating research centers, manufacturing bays and uncovering the dark events behind the missing Osiris-1 team that threatens the overall mission.
Osiris: New Dawn offers a vast, beautiful game that uniquely combines inventive crafting, curious exploration, and skillful combat. The Fenix Fire developers have a robust roadmap for continuous content updates that will be added to the current core features that include[s]:
- Light-Year Visual Difference: Experience the high quality graphics typically only found in AAA games. Osiris: New Dawn offers extreme texture detail and High Dynamic Range lighting, creating a frightening, yet gorgeous world. An advanced IK (inverse kinematics) system powers over 200 fluid player movements and a diverse range of terrifying alien creature animations.
- Multiplayer Colonization: Work together with online players to build a prospering colony and together defend against threatening alien species while fighting to survive environmental phenomenon including meteor showers, and attacks from other online player colonies.
- Survive, Craft, Research and Thrive: Gather resources and materials to adapt to the alien system, build modular structures to grow food, create manufacturing bays, research new technologies to upgrade gear and build new vehicles and droids, and explore the environment to discover new elements and secrets to expand and thrive in this alien world.
- Explore the Planet and Beyond: Learn what wonders and horrors lie on the alien planet and explore underground dungeons for unique discoveries. In time, gamers will build spacecraft to launch into space and travel to other planets in the solar system.
- Prepare for a Fight: Choose first or third person controls to hunt intelligent alien species with predatory instincts. Equip a variety of weapons to be prepared for any situation.
Winner of ‘PAX West Best Indie MMO’ from MMORPG and ‘PAX West Best Survival Game’ from MMOGames, Osiris: New Dawn is now available on Steam Early Access for $24.99. The Osiris: New Dawn console mission is currently scheduled to launch on the Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system in 2017. Join the mission of Osiris: New Dawn by following the game development on Twitter, “Like” the game on Facebook, and watch for the upcoming livestreams on Reverb’s Twitch channel.
# # #
ABOUT FENIX FIRE ENTERTAINMENT
Fenix Fire was founded in 2010 by husband-wife team Brian and Anna McRae, former Blizzard, Midway, and Double Helix environment artists with a passion to create visually stunning immersive worlds that combine classically fun gameplay with next gen technology. With combined 27 years of industry experience across multiple AAA console titles Brian and Anna have teamed up with other local developers to create highly polished games for major brands such as Red Bull, Chevron, Wow Wee Toys and numerous Oculus VR demos such as the Tuscany World Demo. After their hit mobile platformer Roboto launched in 2011 Fenix Fire continues to incubate their own highly anticipated indie adventure Source as well as the upcoming sci-fi space survival adventure, Osiris: New Dawn.
ABOUT REVERB TRIPLE XP
Reverb Triple XP provides a spectrum of services customized to focus on the needs of indie game developers. Triple XP titles stand out with excellent gameplay, creative design, and that elusive fun factor. Once identified, Reverb’s team of game industry veterans partner with the indie dev team, fully understand the game by actually playing it and provide world class marketing, PR, social, production and distribution services that are fitting for games of the highest quality. A cornerstone of the programs is that the developer retains creative control and ownership of its intellectual property as well as receiving a custom solution tailored to their exact needs. Each year, only a handful of titles are chosen to be in Reverb Triple XP, prioritizing quality over quantity.