Blindflug’s AIRHEART, a roguelike dieselpunk action game from the makers of Cloud Chasers, Greenlit on Steam
A fascinating exploration of real-world problems like social inequality and overfishing
ZÜRICH – July 29, 2016 – Blindflug, an independent developer based in Switzerland best known for the acclaimed titles Cloud Chasers and First Strike, is delighted to announce its upcoming roguelike dieselpunk action game, AIRHEART, has been Greenlit on Steam in under a week.
AIRHEART follows Amelia, a young pilot and sky-fisherwoman who dreams of reaching the stratosphere and catching the legendary Skywhale, a feat that promises riches and fame through the ages. Skyfishing is a cutthroat business, though, and Amelia must outmaneuver sky pirates and automated security zones to survive each perilous flight through the beautiful world of floating islands in the clouds she calls home.
“AIRHEART’s colorful world is such a refreshing and inspiring evolution of roguelike action games,” says Moritz Zumbühl, Blindflug Studios’ CEO. “We’re weaving exciting aerial gameplay into an experience that educates players about important social themes like inequality and overfishing.”
- Flying. Navigate your beloved airplane through the skylayers above the city of Granaria, discovering what surprises await beyond the horizon.
- Fishing. Catch and sell fish to obtain new equipment. But be careful – some of them are hunting you!
- Pirates! Customize your airplane‘s weaponry to defeat the powerful aerial armadas and bosses of the dreaded sky pirates. Remember: sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
- Harpooning. Use harpoons to reel in massive fish, disassemble enemies or steal their weaponry.
- Workshop. Analyze scraps, craft blueprints and build or buy new plane parts to explore the most dangerous heights of the sky.
- Dynamic Gameplay. With complex, randomly generated levels and an energizing soundtrack, AIRHEART delivers hours and hours of adventure.
For more information, please visit the AIRHEART Steam Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714137497
About Blindflug Studios
Blindflug Studios are a young Swiss game company made up of four designers and developers. Their mission is to make games that tackle the relevant topics of our time by transporting them into fascinating and immersive game worlds. The studio also builds games for corporate clients and NGOs as part of information campaigns. http://www.blindflugstudios.com