New Real-Time Strategy Game, Win That War!, Puts PC Players in Massive Sci-Fi Universe to Wage War on a Planetary Scale
Ambitious RTS Game Spans Procedurally Generated Universe with Evolving Solo, Multiplayer and MMO Campaigns and Unique Retro Sci-Fi Aesthetic
Rennes, FRANCE – May 12, 2016 – Insane Unity, an independent French game developer, today announced that they are developing an ambitious, large scale real-time strategy game for PC, Win That War! Scheduled for release in 2017, Win That War! is a massive RTS game with solo, multiplayer and MMO campaign modes set in a procedurally generated retro sci-fi universe. Players will work with and against each other in uneasy alliances between three corporate factions, each of which seeks control of the galaxy. Starting today, players can download the demo at the game’s newly launched Kickstarter page to see if they want to join the battle for universal domination before committing any hard-earned dollars toward the game’s promise. The demo offers an early look at a single player training match plus a multiplayer match mode for up to 8 human players, both set in a single desert biome and without implementation of the game’s MMO features and full planetary view.
Win That War! combines a love for classic real-time strategy games with modern innovation and technology, including a universe populated with planets generated in real time for endlessly evolving gameplay scenarios. There’s always something new to discover—and conquer! In addition to fully procedural solo and multiplayer game modes, the heart of the experience lies in a massively multiplayer online campaign, in which opposing factions wage a merciless war to conquer territories on a planetary scale. With unique aesthetics that hearken to 1960s sci-fi, the game’s robot units and buildings can be managed in minute detail from the safety of orbital bases. Players will have to balance micro-management with keeping an eye on the overall campaign, all while coordinating and competing with other players through a unique resource and trade system. While basic resources are widely available, rare resources needed for high level units are unique to certain areas, requiring players to trade with friends and enemies alike in trade-based alliances.
“Our goal for Win That War! is to create a rich and diverse tactical experience spanning a galaxy-wide competition for power, resources and wealth,” said Samuel Hangouet, CEO of Insane Unity. “With the resources and ingenuity of our team, we are already well on our way with an exciting alpha demo, and with the assistance of strategy fans, we will deliver a compelling RTS game in 2017.”
Win That War! puts players at the heart of a campaign of fierce galactic conquest. Combining tactical management, cooperation and competition, the game’s retro-futuristic universe comes alive with gripping storylines that evolve over time through game updates. Players will find allies and use robotic minions to build, forage, mine and profit. By coordinating actions on each planet’s surface, players can expand to dominate the entire galaxy!
The Kickstarter campaign for Win That War! begins today and will run through June 13th, with a goal of raising €40,000 ($45,500) to complete the game’s development. Donations will be invested to ensure optimal artistic quality, in both visuals and audio production as well as helping build the game’s community. Announced game features and rewards include the following, with more goals and rewards yet to be revealed:
- An MMO real-time strategy game set in a procedurally generated universe
- Three corporate-based factions, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, which players can join—try to fight your way to the top echelon of the faction while also keeping the faction ahead of its two rivals in the power struggle for the galaxy.
- Once a planet is generated, its surface is broken down into territories and different biomes are combined to create planets with multiple environment types and topologies, enabling new gameplay possibilities.
- Each of the persistent territories can be played simultaneously by a certain number of players from each mega-corporation faction. Your goal is to make sure your side ends up dominating the whole planet!
- Players will select a location to build their base—find a spot that’s easy to defend and then start building units and gathering resources.
- Basic resources provide the materials for running factories and building units, but advanced technologies unlocked over time require precious consumables that are not widely available and may only be available through trades with friends and foes—creating an additional strategic layer.
- Players will unlock new blueprints and uncover the game’s deep upgrade tree that includes over 60 planned unit and building upgrades to support different playstyles.
- Base battles are a key part of gameplay, but Win That War! is also about cooperation as choosing a field of specialty that balances strengths and weaknesses is necessary for survival—cooperating with complementary players (even enemies!) can be as important as defeating other players.
- An immersive internal communication system will track player progress, provide updates on friends and associates and allow players to discuss tactics with faction members in real time.
- Multiple backer rewards start at just €1/$1.14, including a limited number of Space Explorer rewards including a copy of the game and beta access for €20/$23 and a limited number of Subetherial Engineer rewards with full game access, a t-shirt, digital artbook and OST and an alternate cosmetic in-game engineer skin for €80/$90.
For more information and to see the latest updates, visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/insaneunity/938837815?token=ba3f2fcb.
About Insane Unity
Founded in 2015, Insane Unity is an indie video game studio based in Rennes, France. From the start, the studio has aspired to create a durable company and a dedicated community, united by their love of unique and well-crafted games. Insane Unity’s inaugural project, the ambitious real-time strategy game, Win That War!, has been in development for the past 18 months as the studio has grown to over 10 creative minds with complementary skills. After investing in R&D to foster innovative new techniques for graphics rendering and server architecture, Insane Unity has launched a Kickstarter campaign to complete funding of the game’s development. For more information, visit winthatwar.com.