Gameforge Takes On Publishing of SoulWorker for North America and Europe
New action MMORPG promises high-energy battles in impressive Anime style, set in a post-apocalyptic background
Karlsruhe, Germany – April 27, 2016 – Gameforge announces its cooperation with South Korean development studio Lion Games and will be publishing SoulWorker in North America and Europe.
“I am pleased to finally accommodate the desires of players in North America and Europe with SoulWorker. There’s plenty in SoulWorker to excite Anime fans in particular – we can’t wait to get going with this highly anticipated game”, said Daniel Werner, Product Director for SoulWorker at Gameforge.
SoulWorker is a South Korean action MMORPG with an enthralling Anime style. The focus of the game is on high-energy battles in a third-person perspective. Using keyboard and mouse, or controller if they choose, players take on the role of a young chosen one, who has to fight against menacing forces in a post-apocalyptic world. Every character has access to a particularly special emotion, such as revenge or madness, which then define their class and their weapon. Using these feelings, the young heroes unleash special abilities that distinguish themselves as SoulWorkers, and use them skilfully in battle for class-specific attack and defence maneuvers.
Anime style never looked this authentic
Both Fans of Japanese Animes and action MMORPG lovers can look forward to a cinematic gameplay experience in SoulWorker, which makes full use of the HAVOK Vision Engine+. An extraordinary cinema visualization is created with an exciting background story, detailed cel-shading animations, cutscenes and NPC dialogues set to music, making Anime fans feel at home from the very first moment.
Fresh classes such as the ‘Howling Guitar’, which has a magical guitar for surface area attacks and healing effects as a weapon, feel familiar for the genre while escaping popular clichés as players fight against the threats coming from another dimension.
What to expect in SoulWorker
- Enthralling Anime story based on humanity’s battle for survival – Hordes of enemies threaten the barely standing world of SoulWorker: There’s not only beasts from other dimensions, but also a private military conglomerate and other power-thirsty peoples trying to wipe out all of humanity.
- Four classes at launch – At launch there’ll be four classes to choose from, each radiating a true Anime feel. Players can decide between the “Soulum Sword”, “Mist Scythe”, “Gun Jazz” or “Howling Guitar”. An optimized third-person camera lets the action-laden battles shine and serves to highlight the beauty of the real-time effects.
- Large PvE content with adventurous dungeons – Over 100 PvE dungeons with episodic final bosses are split across different difficulty levels. In doing so, the initial instances tell the story behind SoulWorker, whilst adventures in regions with a higher level or daily challenges offer opportunities for big rewards.
- A PvP Zone for mass battles on an open battlefield – “District 6” is a dangerous PvP area where players can go head to head that borders on the PvE zones. Mad monsters and a gigantic boss in the centre of the zone only serve to increase the thrill.
- Crafting, guilds, housing and plenty more – There is a wealth of items to be crafted using blueprints. Players can also form a group or guild and fight to earn their own lands. Once acquired, their own four walls can then be made to feel like home with a selection of furniture pieces. A user-friendly marketplace also offers a chance to trade for armor, weapons and also special cards that offer strengthening magic.
From Lion Games, SoulWorker is a third-person action MMORPG with an Anime style for PC. In a post-apocalyptic scenario, using keyboard and mouse or controller, players take on the role of a SoulWorker, chosen as humanity’s saviors. Over 100 PvE dungeons and episodic bosses await the young heroes. After battling through the AI, guilds and players can then face one another in the extensive PvP zone. A unique emotion system with moods such as vengeance, madness, euphoria or sadness define the characters’ abilitites. Concentrating on these feelings activates abilities that are rich in effects for defense or attack using class-specific weapons.
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries and employs 450 members of staff. The portfolio includes client-based games such as the award-winning AION Free-to-Play, TERA: Fate of Arun, Metin2 (Europe’s most successful MMO), HEX: Shards of Fate, Orcs Must Die! Unchained, Runes of Magic, Elsword and Wizard101. Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam as well as a growing portfolio of mobile games complete their offering. For more information please visit http://corporate.gameforge.com.
About Lion Games
Lion Games produces online games, including MMORPG SoulWorker, and is based in Seoul, South Korea. Founded in 2011, the grand ideas and imagination of the team flowed into development, with the aim of creating the best possible game experience for the worldwide community. Every employee is hard at work, passionate about facing the challenges of the fast-moving game industry. The joy and pleasure they take from exceeding expectations and sharing this with others is the creed that Lion Games lives by.