DUNGEON PUNKS REINVENTS THE SIDE-SCROLLING BRAWLER RPG WITH TAG-TEAM GAMEPLAY ON PLAYSTATION®4, XBOX® ONE, AND PC THIS SUMMER
Hyper Awesome Entertainment to Debut Game at PAX East This Week in Boston
NEW YORK—APRIL 20, 2016—Hyper Awesome Entertainment LLC, an independent developer of RPGs, will introduce a unique new kind of tag-team side-scrolling brawler RPG with the release of Dungeon Punks for PlayStation®4, Xbox® One, and personal computer. The game looks to reintroduce the feel of multiplayer camaraderie from the arcades of the past by combining key elements of RPGs, fighting games, and 2.5D brawlers into one incredible experience.
Dungeon Punks will debut with live hands-on gameplay at this week’s PAX East in Boston, MA, and can be found in Booth #11233.
“Dungeon Punks combines our favorite ideas from old-school brawlers, RPGs and fighting games to mash-up the intense tactical play you can get from a great fighter with the joy of trouncing tons of bad guys with devastating magic from RPGs,” said Dan Goldstein, co-founder and developer, Hyper Awesome Entertainment. “The tag-team part of Dungeon Punks really sets the game apart with uniquely equipped heroes that work as a team to create fun and devastating combos. In the end, Dungeon Punks feels like playing a Street Fighter RPG – and that is an incredible thing to play with friends!”
About Dungeon Punks
Dungeon Punks is a multiplayer side-scrolling brawler RPG with a unique tag-team system that allows each player to control two heroes at once, while managing and controlling a full party of up to six heroes. The adventure can be enjoyed cooperatively by up to three players via couch co-op, or solo with computer-controlled teammates.
Key game features include:
- Incredible combination of brawler, fighting game, RPG and side-scrolling gameplay;
- Six wild heroes, each with a distinct and unusual personality as well as unique class-specific special moves;
- A darkly humorous storyline that navigates a world of medieval fantasy where magic has taken the place of technology and the resurrection insurance industry has run amok;
- An enormous amount of special magical attacks;
- Highly responsive environments that interact with player and enemy actions, allowing heroes to bring additional punishment upon enemies;
- A large variety of gorgeous levels offering non-linear exploration choices;
- Additional features that make Dungeon Punks a complete Action RPG experience, including tons of quests, mounts, traps, power-ups, weapon types, and distinctive boss monsters.
Dungeon Punks is expected to be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox® One, and PC this summer. For more information, please visit the official site at www.DungeonPunksGame.com.
ABOUT HYPER AWESOME ENTERTAINMENT
Hyper Awesome Entertainment, founded by brothers Dan and Joshua Goldstein, specializes in multiplayer games both online and off. As brothers, the duo have been playing games together since they were kids, and making award-winning games together since 2001. Their goal with Hyper Awesome is to create a deep sense of community and collaboration by making games that foster dynamic interactions between players in unique and memorable worlds.