WWE® 2K16 Raises More Hell on Windows PC
All previously released downloadable content available for free on PC, complementing largest roster in series’ history, comprehensive simulation gameplay and playable Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator.
Sydney, Australia – March 11, 2016 – 2K today announced that WWE® 2K16, the latest addition to the flagship WWE video game franchise, is available now on Windows PC via Steam and other leading outlets. WWE 2K16 for Windows PC delivers all of the action offered in WWE 2K16 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, including the largest roster in franchise history of more than 120 playable characters; two playable versions of 2015 WWE Hall of Fame inductee and global action film icon, Arnold Schwarzenegger; and the story-driven 2K Showcase featuring WWE Hall of Famer and WWE 2K16 cover Superstar, Stone Cold Steve Austin®.
In addition, WWE 2K16 provides consumers with all of the game’s previously released downloadable content for Windows PC, including new playable characters, moves and story-driven content, at no additional cost. Details on the available content are as follows:
WWE 2K16 for Windows PC – Content with Game Purchase:
The following items are immediately accessible at launch for consumers who purchase WWE 2K16 for Windows PC, with no additional charges:
- Full Game;
- Access to two playable versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger as T-800 from The Terminator and T-800 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day;
- MyPlayer Kickstart:
- Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode.
- Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game.
- New Moves Pack:
- More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made
popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor).
- Legends Pack:
- Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus.
- Future Stars Pack;
- Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy.
- 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase:
- Playable matches include:
- “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
- Rikishi vs. The Rock;
- Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
- Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes;
- Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
- The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
- The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray).
- Playable matches include:
“I’m a bit of a WWE historian myself, and one of the things I’m most excited about is being able to play as the past, present and future of WWE,” said WWE Superstar Seth Rollins. “Every year, the WWE 2K franchise gives a sample of that through downloadable content, whether it’s great WWE Legends and rivalries of the past or the latest additions to the NXT roster. If you buy WWE 2K16 on PC though, you get all of that awesome DLC content included free of charge. Yeah, you read that correctly: the DLC is free.”
“We are always looking to expand WWE 2K’s offerings on additional platforms and were encouraged by last year’s PC franchise debut,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “WWE 2K16’s power-packed features and free downloadable content are a great combination for the PC platform and help us reach even more WWE 2K fans around the world.”
About WWE 2K16 for Windows PC:
WWE 2K16 delivers the most authentic, comprehensive and action-packed WWE experience to date, including the largest roster of WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends in WWE video game history, the story-driven 2K Showcase based on WWE 2K16 cover Superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin and significant additions to the game’s Creation Suite and online offerings, as well as a host of gameplay enhancements. WWE 2K16 feature highlights include:
- Extensive Roster: Offering more than 120 playable characters, including cover Superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin alongside WWE Superstars Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Undertaker and Dean Ambrose, WWE Diva Paige and NXT Superstar Finn Bálor, WWE 2K16 delivers the largest roster in WWE video game history;
- Gameplay Improvements: WWE 2K16 builds upon last year’s foundation, including key enhancements and innovations to deliver the strongest WWE gameplay experience to date. Improved controls, a new reversal system, new pin system and chain wrestling improvements are chief among the enhancements this year;
- 2K Showcase: The franchise’s popular story-based mode returns in WWE 2K16, enabling players to relive more than 25 iconic moments in Stone Cold Steve Austin’s career, including matches with The Rock, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Mr. McMahon. Along the way, they are treated to video packages featuring classic WWE footage and complete objectives to unlock legendary characters, entrance and ring gear, match types and other unlockable content;
- Creation Suite: WWE 2K16’s Creation Suite deepens the player’s arsenal with new feature options, including Create-a-Diva, Create-a-Championship, Create-an-Arena and Create-a-Show. Key improvements were also made to existing fan-favorite offerings, including Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Entrance, Superstar Studio and Community Creations. In addition, the franchise-first WWE 2K16 Creation Studio App explores player freedom like never before through import of face and logo photos via iOS and Android devices to create custom Superstars and Divas with unique faces, tattoos, arena decals, Championship designs, electronic billboards, show logos and more;
- MyCareer: The franchise’s career-driven mode, now in its second year, will see players define their legacies by making critical choices in their quest to be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. Players will begin their journey at the WWE Performance Center, and through a series of objectives, rise through the ranks to join NXT, compete to earn a spot on the WWE main roster and strive for the ultimate prize of a Hall of Fame induction. As part of the quest, players can now conduct personality-driven interviews, interfere with rivals, form tag teams or create alliances en route to defining their legendary careers;
- Online: WWE 2K16 provides players with multiple ways to play online with the WWE 2K No longer utilizing background matchmaking, the game now offers a prestige system that tracks user progress and results throughout their online careers. Additional online features include:
- WWE Live: WWE 2K16’s standard matchmaking option delivers more match types to compete in this year. In addition, after choosing their Superstars and match types, players will enter a practice session to warm up their Superstars while the system finds opponents and sets up matches;
- 2K Tonight: This new feature delivers dynamic daily events, themed after all major WWE televisions shows and pay-per-views, with opportunities to provide players with boosts for their participation;
- Team Up: Requested by the WWE 2K community, players can now invite friends to join them in two- or three-man tag team competition against others;
- Private Match: This feature offers complete freedom for players to invite their friends to their own matches, enabling them to play online together;
- Community Creations: An online staple of the WWE 2K online experience, this feature enables users to upload, explore and download the best custom Superstars, Divas, Arenas, Shows, Movesets and logos created by the WWE Universe;
- WWE Universe: WWE 2K16 makes core improvements to stories, rivals and match card selections. In addition, for the first time, Superstars can be assigned to multiple shows, enabling players to have a broader experience;
- Overall Upgrades: For the first time, a three-man commentary team is now a part of the franchise, with John “Bradshaw” Layfield joining returning commentators Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler. Also new this year, seamless transitions between entrances and the start of matches now see the camera pan the arena and to the commentary team for thoughts on the upcoming matches. Significant improvements were also made to overall match presentation and flow.
Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K16 is rated ‘M’ in Australia and New Zealand. WWE 2K16 is available now on PS4™ and PS3™ systems, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. For more information on WWE 2K16 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtags #WWE2K16 and #RaiseSomeHell or subscribe on YouTube.
The PC version of WWE 2K16 will be only available as a digital purchase in Australia and New Zealand
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO).
T1, THE TERMINATOR, T2, TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY, ENDOSKELETON, and any depiction of Endoskeleton are trademarks of Studiocanal S.A. All Rights Reserved. ©2015 Studiocanal S.A.®
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide in 25 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 175 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Forward-Looking Statements: This press release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks relating to: WWE Network; major distribution agreements; our need to continue to develop creative and entertaining programs and events; the possibility of a decline in the popularity of our brand of sports entertainment; the continued importance of key performers and the services of Vincent K. McMahon; possible adverse changes in the regulatory atmosphere and related private sector initiatives; the highly competitive, rapidly changing and increasingly fragmented nature of the markets in which we operate and greater financial resources or marketplace presence of many of our competitors; uncertainties associated with international markets; our difficulty or inability to promote and conduct our live events and/or other businesses if we do not comply with applicable regulations; our dependence on our intellectual property rights, our need to protect those rights, and the risks of our infringement of others’ intellectual property rights; the complexity of our rights agreements across distribution mechanisms and geographical areas; potential substantial liability in the event of accidents or injuries occurring during our physically demanding events including, without limitation, claims relating to CTE; large public events as well as travel to and from such events; our feature film business; our expansion into new or complementary businesses and/or strategic investments; our computer systems and online operations; a possible decline in general economic conditions and disruption in financial markets; our accounts receivable; our revolving credit facility; litigation; our potential failure to meet market expectations for our financial performance, which could adversely affect our stock; Vincent K. McMahon exercises control over our affairs, and his interests may conflict with the holders of our Class A common stock; a substantial number of shares are eligible for sale by the McMahons and the sale, or the perception of possible sales, of those shares could lower our stock price; and the relatively small public “float” of our Class A common stock. In addition, our dividend is dependent on a number of factors, including, among other things, our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan (including alternative uses of capital), our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends (including under our revolving credit facility), general economic and competitive conditions and such other factors as our Board of Directors may consider relevant. Forward-looking statements made by the Company speak only as of the date made and are subject to change without any obligation on the part of the Company to update or revise them. Undue reliance should not be placed on these statements. For more information about risks and uncertainties associated with the Company’s business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of the Company’s SEC filings, including, but not limited to, our annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™, and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the innovative Evolve™, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com.
*According to 2008 – 2016 Metacritic.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through January 2016.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “potential,” “predicts,” “projects,” “seeks,” “will,” or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company’s future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015, including the risks summarized in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2015, and the Company’s other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.