|Hyper RPG!: 10-hours-a-day, 5-days-a-week live programming from Zac Eubank, former Showrunner of Geek and Sundry, in collaboration with Seattle’s own Harebrained Schemes
Hyper Rabbit Power Go! is a new Twitch Channel led by Zac Eubank, former Showrunner of the popular Geek and Sundry Twitch channel. Hyper RPG! will highlight the critical mass of both tabletop and digital game design and development talent in the Northwest, and the vibrant and diverse gaming geek culture that abounds in the area.
Hyper RPG! channel launches at Noon PST on February 26th with a 48-Hour Charity Drive benefiting the HALO Foundation and featuring segments such as:
- The first play-through of multiplayer in Harebrained Schemes’ soon-to-be-released and anticipated Steam game Necropolis.
- A tabletop BattleTech Grudge Match between Harebrained Schemes and Catalyst Game Labs- six beards enter, three beards leave!
- Live music, special guests, giveaways, and much more!
The HALO Foundation, empowers youth in the greatest need to become contributing members of their communities. HALO is a volunteer-driven, grassroots non-profit with 87 percent of donations going directly to programs. Currently, HALO supports 21 orphanages and programs in Uganda, Kenya, Mexico, India, Guatemala, Nicaragua and the United States. This includes providing food, water, shelter, clothing, education, art therapy, caretakers, and vocational training or college for youth in the greatest need. Domestically, HALO supports future-focused programming for at-risk youth, helping them set tangible goals and become contributing members of their communities. HALO serves more than 1,000 youth each year. You’ll be able to donate to the HALO Foundation while we’re live on the air during the CharityStream by using the “Donate” button on our Twitch channel.
Jordan Weisman, co-founder of Hyper Rabbit Power Go! and of Harebrained Schemes said, “With many of the largest video game and tabletop game companies, and literally hundreds of independent developers and creators, the Northwest represents a really dynamic game geek culture providing a great foundation for Hyper RPG!. Our goal is to not only focus on local creators and companies, but to create experiences that really push Twitch forward as an interactive entertainment format of its own.”
Highlights from Hyper RPG!’s Regularly Scheduled Programming, beginning February 29th at 1PM PST: After Hyper RPG!’s charity launch weekend, the channel will start with its regular programming of 10-hours-a-day, 5-days-a-week on February 29th at 1PM PST. Highlight weekly programs include:
- Rabbit Stew: The Daily Show meets Tech TV with some of our own spices thrown in the pot. Each weekday we bring our audience exclusive news surrounding the games industry and feature previews of some of the world’s most anticipated games hailing from Seattle.
- Trivia Hops: Three teams consisting of in-house talent, guest developers and lucky community members face off on head-to-head trivia. Who can hold their own as the ridiculousness intensifies along with the levels of inebriation?|
- Shadowrun: Corporate Sins: We teamed up with Discord and Catalyst Game Labs to bring a fresh and innovative take on Shadowrun 5th ed. RPG. Audience members are encouraged to join one of the ten corporations bidding their power for world domination. Corporations are able to communicate with the DM sending our Shadowrunners on missions to bring down those who may oppose them.
- WTF Is This?: Two of our in-house comedians play through some of the most universally accepted messed up and crazy games. Upon completion they will record a podcast on air featuring those who may have been close to the project.
- Future/Retro: We take the audience on an explorative journey through what will be and what once was. Future: Seattle’s leading innovators stop by to show off advancements in video game technology. Retro: Game Over Games brings by some of their favorite forgotten hardware. Hopefully we won’t have to blow on any cartridges.
- Mech Mash: In anticipation of the 2017 release of Harebrained Schemes’ BATTLETECH, we’ve created a whole new way to experience ‘Mech Warrior demolition. This unique RPG will be split into two parts. Part 1: An expansive intergalactic story sending a group of reluctant heroes out to claim powerful tech lost throughout the ages. Part 2: Our team faces rotating special guests and a unique form of tabletop BattleTech– our custom 3D printed ‘Mechs experience real damage and the fear of permadeath. Audience members are able to affect the game Hunger Games style by sending in repair crews and/or weapon attachments.
About Hyper RPG!
Hyper RPG! is an independent Twitch channel led by Zac Eubank, former Showrunner of Geek and Sundry. This Redmond-based studio is centered on capturing all the Pacific Northwest has to offer in gaming: behind-the-scene studio tours, interactive digital and tabletop gaming, interviews with key game industry game makers, and more. Hyper RPG! can be viewed for 10-hours-a-day, Monday – Friday, http://www.twitch.tv/hyperrpg.