MEET THE HEADS OF THE CLASS: MARVEL AND TINYCO REVEAL NEW YOUNGER VERSIONS OF KEY CHARACTERS IN MARVEL AVENGERS ACADEMY
Marvel Entertainment and TinyCo have unveiled a first-look at the newly re-imagined Avengers as they will appear in MARVEL Avengers Academy, the upcoming adventure / simulation title for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® and Android™ devices. MARVEL Avengers Academy will feature a rich cast with hundreds of characters from the Marvel Avengers universe, re-imagined as students navigating the social ups and downs of Academy life, while protecting the world, and developing their trademark super powers.
Released via Marvel’s YouTube channel, a new character video reveals to the world for the first time what Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor will all look like in TinyCo’s upcoming game about Super Heroes in training to one day save the world:
- Captain America – The living legend and natural born leader just might be the only mature person at the Academy, so he’s a perfect fit to lead away missions and serve as Class President. But that doesn’t mean he relates to his classmates. The guys respect him, the girls adore him, and Hydra hates him, but he’s still trying to find his place in this crazy world, and even crazier campus.
- The Hulk – He’s the ultimate Big Man on Campus, a gentle giant who just happens to be “the strongest there is.” He does his best to learn and fit in, but this Academy wasn’t made for invulnerable behemoths, so his anxiety and frustrations inevitably turn to anger and that’s not good for anyone.
- Iron Man – Tony Stark is a billionaire. A genius. An inventor. And he’ll be more than happy to tell you about all of his other talents. He’s a charming, self-centered, ladies-man-in-training who wants to save the world, and make sure everyone knows he’s the handsome, ingenious hero who did it. He brings Stark Tower with him to Avengers Academy so that he can work in his high-tech lab, relax in his high-rise hot tub, and remind everyone that he owns a skyscraper with his name on it.
- Thor – He’s the literal golden god of Avengers Academy. An impossibly handsome, ridiculously strong, and unbelievably athletic exchange student who thrives on competition and seeks out confrontation. He’s effortlessly popular even though he never seems to really understand his new Midgardian classmates, and ends up causing trouble just as often as he saves the day.
- Black Widow – She’s on a single-minded mission to uncover the Academy’s secrets, while avoiding her annoying classmates. Unfortunately, she has to trust people and make friends because she’ll need help from her fellow heroes to find what Nick Fury is hiding, and defeat dangerous enemies everywhere from Asgard to right under her feet.
These characters and many more will be available to play and interact with through many unique adventures in MARVEL Avengers Academy, each offering their own unique backstory to be unveiled through the gameplay. You’ll encounter a deep roster of fan favorites like the fun and bubbly Wasp, the blue-collar slacker Hawkeye, mischievous Loki, former janitorial robot Ultron, and of course overseeing all of it is Nick Fury, Dean of Students. Prepare to enter a vision of the Avengers universe that you’ve never seen before.
This character video can be viewed on Marvel’s official YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/WYiIP0Mp50Q