‘The Wonderful Life on PlayStation®4’ launches today
Brand new advertising campaign celebrates the irreverence, playfulness and joy that comes with being a PS4 player
Sydney Australia, 6th November: Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Ltd. (SCE Australia) today revealed a brand new campaign for PlayStation®4 (PS4™).
Based on the premise that PS4 players have access to endless worlds and wonderlands with the various games available on PlayStation, viewers are taken on a guided tour of ‘The Wonderful Life’ of a player.
Set to the soundtrack “Go” by iconic electronic dance duo, The Chemical Brothers, this fun and light-hearted take on what gaming means to a player sees game worlds come to life. From accessing cars usually reserved for pros; to harnessing the ability to travel to the outer reaches of the solar system, playing the world’s most powerful console this Xmas will make PS4 player’s lives more ‘wonderful’.
Michael Ephraim, Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Australia and New Zealand said “In my 20 years with PlayStation, I have never seen the array of incredible games on offer as this Xmas. This combined with the breadth of TV, movies and music content makes PlayStation the ultimate set top box this year so Australian families can enjoy the endless entertainment they love – no matter what their passion.
“PS4 is the most powerful console and the preferred choice globally. As the fastest selling console in Australia, we look forward to maintaining momentum to build on an already wide reaching base to not only be the best place to play, but also the best place to be entertained. There is truly something for everyone.”
Harnessing the power of the PS4
- The DUALSHOCK®4 (DS4) SHARE button means players can showcase their epic gaming moments with friends on YouTube, Facebook or Twitch in seconds.
- PS4 players can always stay in touch with friends with the PlayStation App and PlayStation Messaging App.
- Share Play means friends can play together online at any time – even if they do not own the same games.
- Remote Play is an end to the eternal battle for the TV because players can continue playing their game on compatible Sony Xperia mobile phones or PlayStation Vita if someone wants to use the main TV.
The best blockbuster games
- Playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III Map Packs 30 Days early, only on PlayStation
- The Ultimate Destiny experience is exclusive to PlayStation with a bonus Co-Op strike, PVP Multiplayer Map and Exotic and Legendary Gear for your Guardian
- 10 exclusive missions to play in Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate
- Experiencing the legend that is Nathan Drake Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
- Exclusive Limited Edition PS4 consoles: Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Star Wars™ Battlefront and Destiny: The Taken King
- Getting set to play a massive line up of PlayStation console exclusives games in 2016 from Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, No Man’s Sky, Street Fighter Boundless, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet & Clank and Gravity Rush 2 to name just a few
A Full Entertainment System
It’s not just games that make the life of a PS4 Player wonderful – it’s the endless entertainment with non-game services. Whilst gaming, players can choose their own soundtrack from over [30 million] songs on Spotify, exclusive to console – also getting a free 30-day Spotify trial on PS4 when they sign up. Players can also watch all the movies and entertainment they want with Netflix, Stan, Animelab, Foxtel Play, Quickflix, Crunchy Roll.
Plus, as the home of the UEFA Champions League, PS4 Player’s also have access to the exclusive PlayStation FC UEFA Champions League App allowing them to climb the PlayStation F.C. leaderboard and compete for amazing prizes, including tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Milan 2016, by playing Fantasy Football, Top Five and Predictor, all within the app on their PS4. PlayStation®Plus Members can also relive classic matches from the UEFA Champions League archives.
For more information please visit www.playstation.com/en-au/.
– ENDS –
About Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), based in London, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and sales of PlayStation®4 (PS4®) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system, PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system and PSN software and hardware in 109 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania. SCEE has revolutionized home entertainment since they launched PlayStation® in 1994. PlayStation®4 redefines rich and immersive gameplay with powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalisation and deeply integrated social capabilities. PS Vita is a portable entertainment system that offers a combination of rich gaming and social connectivity. PS3® is an advanced computer entertainment system, incorporating the powerful Cell Broadband Engine and RSX processors. SCEE also develops, publishes markets and distributes entertainment software for these formats, and manages the third party licensing programs for the formats in these territories.
More information about PlayStation® products can be found at www.playstation.com. PlayStation and PS4 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
“Go” Performed by The Chemical Brothers
Published by BMG Rights Management Ltd © 2015 Used with permission All Rights Reserved
Songs of SMP: (ASCAP) / U Betta Like My Muzic: (ASCAP)
Courtesy of Virgin EMI (GB)
Under license from Universal Music Operations Ltd