THE MYSTICAL VIDEO GAME JOURNEY BEGINS ANEW – SHADOWGATE FOR IPAD® NOW AVAILABLE ON THE APP®STORE
Just in time for Halloween, Venture into the Legendary
Living Castle, With the Dread Pumpkin Quest
Twain Harte, California – October 22, 2015 – Zojoi, an indie developer of adventure games, and Reverb Triple XP announced today that the legendary adventure game Shadowgate is available now on Apple® iPad®. One of the most renowned and beloved point-and-click adventure titles in videogame history, Shadowgate is now re-imagined with stunning hand-painted visuals, cinematic storytelling, and customizable controls. With gameplay mechanics designed for touch-based gameplay perfect for iPad users, Shadowgate is available on the App®Store for $4.99. In addition, the four original MacVenture Game Series titles that launched with Shadowgate on the Apple Macintosh are now available on the App Store, each for $1.99.
“Back in 1987 when we launched the original Shadowgate as part of the MacVenture series on the original Apple Macintosh, it’s almost serendipitous that we can bring our re-imagined project to challenge a whole new generation of adventure gamers,” states David Marsh, Co-founder at Zojoi. “When we designed the new Shadowgate, we definitely thought how perfect it would be to play this game on the iPad.”
Beware kids – ask for candy nicely or the Dread Pumpkin will give you a rock for Halloween
Shadowgate on iPad includes the following features:
- First Person Adventuring: Unique gameplay mechanics that made the original Shadowgate such a classic, complete with three different difficulty settings that change the gameplay experience and puzzle structure
- Breathtaking Imagery: Gorgeous hand-painted visuals re-imagined for a new generation of adventurers, complete with all new environmental and object-specific animations and particle effects
- Tools of Adventure: A bevy of objects, spells, an all-new mapping system, and customizable user interface so players can choose between classic on-screen commands or use modern a modern-wheel icon system
- Mind-bending Puzzles: Loads of all new rooms as well as revamped locations from the original, and a ton of new and fully updated puzzles to solve
- Cinematic Storytelling: Shadowgate features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from the original creators with a rich dynamic soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas
- Atmospheric Music: Choose between the dynamic new cinematic score or the original retro 8-bit NES classic soundtrack by Hiroyuki Masuno
- The Dread Pumpkin Quest: In time for Halloween, find and free the Dread Pumpkin – a tribute to the holiday figure, the Great Pumpkin
- Achievement Awards: Dozens of in-game achievements to find and unlock, compelling cut-scenes, and deep storytelling make this re-imagining feel and play like a truly classic Shadowgate experience
If you are interested in reviewing Shadowgate for iPad, please email Anthony Chau (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Shadowgate is now available on the App®Store for $4.99. Adventure gamers should also check out the MacVenture Series Collection games that includes Déjà Vu: A Nightmare Comes True, Déjà Vu II: Lost In Las Vegas, Shadowgate, and Uninvited, each available for purchase separately at $1.99 for iPad. For more information about Shadowgate, please visit www.shadowgate.com, follow the development team on Twitter and “Like” Shadowgate on Facebook.
# # #
Based in the Blue Ridge Mountains of central Virginia, Zojoi is an independent game developer helmed by industry legends Karl Roelofs and Dave Marsh, whose first title Shadowgate was a smash success on the original Apple Macintosh. The duo went on to create the other titles in the popular MacVenture series (Déjà Vu, Déjà Vu II, and Uninvited) and ported these timeless classics to no less than 10 other platforms. Zojoi’s mission is to create memorable gaming experiences, with remakes of their renowned originals or entirely new properties.
ABOUT REVERB TRIPLE XP
Reverb Triple XP provides a spectrum of services customized to focus on the needs of indie game developers. Triple XP titles stand out with excellent gameplay, creative design, and that elusive fun factor. Once identified, Reverb’s team of game industry veterans partner with the indie dev team, fully understand the game by actually playing it and provide world class marketing, PR, social, production and distribution services that are fitting for games of the highest quality. A cornerstone of the programs is that the developer retains creative control and ownership of its intellectual property as well as receiving a custom solution tailored to their exact needs. Each year, only a handful of titles are chosen to be in Reverb Triple XP, prioritizing quality over quantity.