It hasn’t been long since the release of Pokemon XY-Ancient Origins, but the Pokemon Trading Card Games newest forthcoming expansion has been announced. The new set will be called XY: BREAKthrough and will feature an all new mechanic titled Break Evolution as well as 160 brand new cards. The set will hit store shelves starting from November 4th.
· New BREAK Evolution game mechanic—When a Pokémon evolves into a Pokémon BREAK, it gets an HP boost and a new attack or Ability, but it also gets to keep its existing attacks! Pokémon BREAK cards have a landscape design, unique foil pattern, and uniquely rendered art.
· 6 new Pokémon BREAK including Chesnaught BREAK and Zoroark BREAK
· 8 new Pokémon-EX including 4 new Mega Evolution Pokémon, plus 20 Trainer cards, including 2 full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards
· Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will be available.
· Two new theme decks—These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away. Each will include 59 standard cards and 1 special foil card.
As with all the latest releases in the card game, theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the BREAKthrough expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.co.uk/tcgo . This online version of the Pokémon TCG is also now available on iPad via the Apple App Store. Key features of the set include:
The Pokemon Trading Card Game has remained a staple part of the Pokemon franchise for Nintendo, shipping more than 21.5 billion cards to 74 countries around the world since its debut in 1996.
Related Articles for this post below: