NBA® 2K16 Season Starts Today
Award-winning NBA 2K series sets new standard for sports simulation titles
Sydney, Australia – September 29, 2015—2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the next iteration of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*, is now available for purchase at retail and online vendors in Australia and New Zealand. Continuing the success of one of the most dominant entertainment franchises over the last decade, NBA 2K16 will introduce the most dynamic and realistic gameplay yet, highlighted by an all-new MyCAREER experience titled ‘Livin’ Da Dream’ written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee.
“NBA 2K16 is our most authentic and ambitious basketball simulation yet,” said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts. “With a title that releases annually, pushing the envelope of what is possible is our defining goal. We’ve included more content in 2K16 than ever before, and have created an experience that not only replicates life on the court, but off it as well.”
In collaboration with Spike Lee, NBA 2K16 also features three unique covers with NBA superstars Stephen Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis, who were chosen to help celebrate this year’s launch and showcase new gameplay innovations including:
- Livin’ Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint: 2K and the legendary filmmaker Spike Lee closely collaborated to create NBA 2K’s most intense MyCAREER narrative to date, enabling gamers to #BeTheStory like never before;
- Enhanced Gameplay: NBA 2K16’s innovative, new motion engine generates smarter, ultra-realistic movement plus new ball and rim physics, and player collisions, making it the most intense and authentic on-court experience to date;
- Trio of Award-Winning Soundtrack Producers: Featuring 50 dynamic tracks across five playlists and exclusive cuts, DJ Khaled, DJ Mustard and DJ Premier produced 2K’s biggest and most diverse soundtrack ever;
- MyPARK: Players can create a MyPARK street legacy at one of three newly enhanced parks and show off their game to the world in new live-streamed competitive events;
- 2K Pro-Am: Featuring fully customizable teams and 5 vs. 5 tournaments livestreamed on NBA 2KTV, the new 2K Pro-Am mode allows players to join forces with friends to create the perfect squad all the way down to custom logos, uniforms and arenas;
- Modern Legends: NBA 2K16 players can step onto the court with 12 new legendary teams, including some of the most epic squads from the past 15 years such as ’00-’01 Lakers, ’03-’04 Pistons, ’07-’08 Boston Celtics, and ’12-’13 Miami Heat;
- MyNBA2K16: Available for iOS and Android devices, the companion app makes it easy to stay in touch with NBA 2K16 with new features and opportunities to earn Virtual Currency. MyNBA2K16 also includes the collectible NBA 2K card game, MyTEAM Mobile, which allows players to collect their favorite NBA player cards to challenge competitors in exhibition games, season tournaments and in-game special events, with more cards, stats and events than ever before.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is rated “G” in Australia and New Zealand and is now available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™, and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the innovative Evolve™, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com.
*According to 2008 – 2015 Metacritic.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through August 2015.
“PlayStation” and “PS3” are registered trademarks. “PS4” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “potential,” “predicts,” “projects,” “seeks,” “will,” or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company’s future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015, including the risks summarized in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2015, and the Company’s other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.