FOOTBALL MANAGER 2016: ALL-NEW SQUAD UNVEILED
Enhanced line-up offers ideal football management experience for all. PC and Macintosh simulation scheduled for release on Friday, November 13th
SEGA® Europe Ltd. and Sports Interactive are proud to present football fans across the world with an opportunity to lead their favourite team to glory with the latest release in the multi-million selling, international smash hit Football Manager™ series. Due for release from mid-November, Football Manager 2016 will comprise a suite of simulations, designed to provide the perfect football management experience for the widest possible audience.
In addition to Football Manager 2016 on PC and Macintosh, the newly-assembled squad also includes Football Manager Touch (for both computer and high-end tablets) and Football Manager Mobile (for all iOS and Android devices).
Previously known as Football Manager Classic, Football Manager Touch has, until now, been available as a ‘quick play’ mode within the full simulation (and for high-end tablets since March). Now, for the first time, it will be available separately through Steam (for PC and Macintosh), as well as for high-end tablets. Football Manager Mobile was formerly known as Football Manager Handheld.
“For some time now it’s been clear to us that there is no ‘one size fits all’ football management experience,” says Sports Interactive gaffer Miles Jacobson. “While a huge number of our fans have the time and dedication required to devote themselves to the ‘full’ simulation, there’s an equally-large number who prefer a more streamlined option. Not only that, but the widespread availability of mobile devices means that people are playing in different ways. The introduction of Football Manager Touch as a standalone offering – playable across computer and tablet – means that we now offer something for everyone.”
KEY FEATURES FOR THIS SEASON’S LINE-UP
Football Manager 2016
- TWO ALL-NEW GAME MODES: Take on your mates with ‘Fantasy Draft’ mode – which gives you the chance to build your own dream team and compete in a mini league – or add your own custom-built team to any existing league you choose with the new ‘Create-A-Club’ option.
- MANAGER ON THE TOUCHLINE: Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.
- IMPROVED MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE: More than 2,000 new animations make the Football Manager 2016 match engine the best ever. There’s also more control when planning set pieces and a new highlights package to keep you up-to-date with all the action from every league.
Football Manager Touch 2016
- CROSS-SAVE: All versions of Football Manager Touch 2016 ARE ‘cross-save compatible’ with one another, so careers started on a tablet can be saved to the cloud and continued on computer (and vice versa).
- MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE: Football Manager Touch 2016 offers enhanced tactical options, including set-piece planning and opposition instructions – all of which play out in the acclaimed Football Manager 3D match engine.
- CREATE-A-CLUB MODE: Add your own club to the game using the ‘Create-A-Club’ option. Name your club, choose your colours and edit your squad to your heart’s content – even adding yourself and a friend.
Football Manager Mobile 2016
- ENHANCED TACTICS: Take greater control of your squad with the introduction of new tactical instructions. You can choose where your team concentrates its passing, as well as selecting your main attacking threat and creative outlet – and even advise your goalkeeper on distribution.
- COACHING STAFF: Prepare your squad for match days better than ever before with the addition of coaches, providing your team with focused training to prepare for their next big fixture.
- MANAGEMENT STYLE: The introduction of gold, silver and bronze coaching badges allows you to define your own management style. Will you concentrate on improving your defence or attack, or focus on morale and man management? Your decision will influence your team’s style.
Further details on all three versions are available now on the Football Manager website and in the accompanying fact sheets, while even more features will be revealed over the coming weeks via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Football Manager 2016 (for PC and Macintosh) will be released on Friday, November 13th, with Football Manager Touch and Football Manager Mobile following prior to Xmas 2015. All three are developed by Sports Interactive and published by SEGA® Europe Ltd.
For further information on Football Manager: www.footballmanager.com
For the best in Football Manager stories: www.wearethemanagers.com
To contact Sports Interactive: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sports Interactive Ltd.
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series. Founded in 1994 and based in the Old Street area of London, SI has a full-time staff of more than 100 and employs the services of roughly 1,300 part-time researchers across the globe (alongside more than 200 offsite Beta testers). SI has ongoing relationships with some of the biggest names in professional football, including Prozone, the League Managers Association, The Football League, La Liga and many other leagues and national associations. SI became a wholly-owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com.
About SEGA® Europe Ltd.
SEGA Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s website is located at www.sega.com.