Expert Online Games Development Team Forms New Studio, Partners with Nexon America
Nexon to Publish the First Title from Dallas Dickinson’s Newly-Founded QC Games
TOKYO – Sept. 2, 2015 – NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in online games, today announced its wholly owned subsidiary, Nexon America Inc. (“Nexon America”) has entered into a strategic partnership with QC Games, a new development studio led by videogame industry veteran Dallas Dickinson. Nexon America has acquired the exclusive worldwide publishing and marketing rights to QC Games’ first project, an unannounced multiplayer online action game. Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
QC Games joins a growing stable of Western companies partnering with Nexon as part of its ongoing strategy to expand globally and deliver the highest quality online experiences. This announcement follows on last week’s reveal of the first game from another Nexon America partner, Cliff Bleszinski’s Boss Key Productions, which announced details of its upcoming first-person shooter LawBreakers during PAX Prime. Nexon also recently announced a game development and publishing agreement with Electronic Arts to bring a PC online version of the critically acclaimed first-person shooter game Titanfall™ to players in Asia.
“This agreement marks another milestone in growing our business in key markets, leveraging both the talents of our developer partners and our own knowledge of online games to provide AAA experiences that are customized for global tastes and audiences,” said Owen Mahoney, president and chief executive officer, Nexon. “Dallas and the team of veterans he’s building at QC Games have played a part in creating some of the world’s most successful games, and we’re looking forward to helping them bring another hit title to market.”
Dickinson, who has been making online games for nearly 20 years, was the senior producer on classic titles including Planetside, Shadow Realms and Star Wars: Galaxies, but is best-known for his work on Star Wars: The Old Republic where he served as director of production at Bioware Austin. He’s begun assembling an all-star team at QC Games, which includes:
- Gabe Amatangelo, creative director and chief creative officer (most recently the creative director of Shadow Realms, prior work includes Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online, Dragon Age: Inquisition)
- Brian Matt, technical director and chief technology officer (Wolfenstein: Tides of War, Doom 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Shadow Realms)
- Jason Rotan, chief operating officer (previously launched and maintained a wide range of AAA titles in multiple genres with companies including NC Soft, EA and Bioware)
- Pat Ditterline, senior engineer (Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic)
- Stefan Lednicky, senior engineer (a long-time Bioware veteran who has worked on titles including Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Shadow Realms and Star Wars: The Old Republic)
- Marcus Hays, senior engineer (Titan Quest franchise, The Sims, Dragon Age)
- Pedro Toledo, art director (Star Wars: The Old Republic, Shadow Realms, Dragon Age, RockBand, Fable 2)
“Having the freedom to bring our vision to life is paramount to me and my team, and working with Nexon America provides us creative control as well as deep support from a partner who understands the online market better than anyone else,” said Dallas Dickinson, president and chief executive officer, QC Games. “Our goal as a studio is to create the highest quality games possible, and I feel this partnership, along with the first-class team who has joined me so far at QC Games, will make that a reality.”
QC Games is currently accepting resumes via email@example.com for professionals interested in working with the company on its first game.
Social Media Pages
About NEXON Co., Ltd. http://company.nexon.co.jp/
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 150 titles in more than 150 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About QC Games www.qcgamedev.com
QC Games Inc. is an Austin-based developer of online games. Founded by industry veterans in 2015, QC Games is focused on building AAA online experiences for gamers. QC Games’ mission is to combine proprietary technology, world-class creative talent and best-in-class methodologies to develop great games for the world to enjoy.