Diablo III’s latest update, Patch 2.3.0, is now live in Australia and New Zealand for PC, Xbox One, and PS4, and it’s full of cool new stuff!
Extensive patch notes are available here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19859662/patch-230-now-live-8-25-2015
Don’t feel like reading? Check out our video overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gRsRqP2JKg
New zone: The Ruins of Sescheron
The frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron are now open for exploration! Filled with new enemies, traps, and environmental hazards, you’ll be able to explore the region and learn more about what befell the barbarians of Mount Arreat. Explore the Immortal Throne and obtain the ultimate treasure: Kanai’s Cube.
New Feature: Kanai’s Cube
Kanai’s Cube is a new artisan that offers a slew of new recipes to fully customise your items and catalogue your Legendary powers. Several recipes are available to players immediately upon acquiring Kanai’s Cube:
- Extract Legendary Power: Destroy an item to add its Legendary power to your catalogue of collected powers. Once a power has been extracted, it can be equipped to your character without the need to equip the item. Players may have one Weapon, one Armour, and one Jewellery power equipped at a time. Players may only equip powers from items that their characters can normally equip and use.
- Reforge a Legendary Item: Completely re-rolls a Legendary item as though it had dropped for the first time. This includes any powers that may have been previously enchanted on the item. Note that reforged items may re-roll as either Ancient or non-Ancient, so reforge at your own discretion!
- Upgrade Rare Item: Upgrades the quality of a level 70 Rare item to Legendary. This item will roll as a randomised Legendary that shares that item’s equipment type.
- Convert Set Item: Converts a Set item to a randomised piece of gear from the same Set. For example, if you convert a pair of Asheara’s Finders, you could get Asheara’s Custodian, Asheara’s Pace, or Asheara’s Ward in return.
- Remove Level Requirement: Removes the level requirement from an item, allowing it to be equipped by a character of any level.
- Convert Gems: Converts 9 of any colour gem to 9 of any other colour.
- Convert Crafting Materials: Converts 100 normal, magic, or rare Crafting Materials to 100 of another type of non-legendary Crafting Material
To acquire Kanai’s Cube, visit Zoltun Kulle in New Tristram, Hidden Camp, Bastion’s Keep Stronghold, or The Survivor’s Enclave in Adventure Mode. He’ll be quite pleased to guide you on your way.
New Feature: Season Journey
Each player approaches a new Season a little differently, and we wanted to celebrate individual player successes. Beginning in Season 4, you’ll be able to track your personal progress through the Season Journey interface.
A player’s Season Journey is divided into chapters, each with their own descriptive goals and achievements. The further you advance in your Season Journey, the more difficult the milestones become, and you’ll find there are challenges for every level of player. Completing the highest level Tiers will unlock new portrait frame rewards to celebrate your accomplishments.
We’ve also posted stacks of Patch 2.3.0 screenshots on the Blizzard press site: http://blizzard.gamespress.com/en-AU/Diablo-III#?tab=screenshots