FUTURISTIC SPORTS-ACTION ARRIVES AS ROCKET LEAGUE BLASTS ONTO PLAYSTATION®4 and PC TODAY
SAN DIEGO, CA – July 7, 2015 – Global independent developer and publisher, Psyonix, announced today that Rocket League – one of the few PlayStation games in history to offer PS4™/ PC cross-platform play – is now available digitally on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system via the PlayStation®Network, and on PC via Steam. With a PS4™-exclusive cameo from Sweet Tooth, the iconic ice cream truck of Twisted Metal® fame, Rocket League brings gamers a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem. Offering easy-to-understand controls and deep, fluid physics-driven competition for 1-8 players, Rocket League boasts more than 10 billion possible customizations, giving players the opportunity to distinguish their Battle-Cars in either local or online play, while showing them off in a broadcast-quality replay viewer that perfectly complements the video-editing capabilities of SHAREfactory™.
The multiplayer-focused successor to 2008’s Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Rocket League uses an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions, relying on mass and momentum to give players a complete sense of intuitive control in an unbelievable, high-octane re-imaging of association football. Players can breeze through the tutorial and play solo in the all-new Season Mode or vie against the AI in multiple team formations and difficulty settings. Up to four people can compete in two-to-four-player splitscreen action as well, with up to eight total players battling it out online (in Ranked, Unranked, or Private Matches) on dedicated servers located all over the world.
- Watch the video on YouTube HERE: youtu.be/r4iT0yZEwk8
- Get it on Steam HERE: store.steampowered.com/app/252950/
“We’re thrilled to release Rocket League today,” said Dave Hagewood, President, Psyonix. “Gamers all over the planet have told us overwhelmingly that they loved Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, and that they wanted even more. Rocket League delivers on that request and we sincerely thank our community for the opportunity to provide them with what has been, for us, a dream project. Without their continued support, our game wouldn’t be what it is today.”
Rocket League Key Features Include:
- Physics-driven Gameplay: Select one of nearly a dozen, rocket-equipped vehicles capable of performing impossible aerials, amazing passes, and dramatic goals. Drive on the walls, ceilings, or right through your opponents at intense supersonic speeds!
- Total Customization: Explore more than 10 billion possible Battle-Car combinations with unlockable paint types, decals, wheels, rocket boosts, and more.
- Gameplay Variety: Test your mettle in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 match-ups across multiple stadiums, or try Unfair Mode in a “one against many” handicap match.
- All-New Season Mode: Create your team and compete against multiple, uniquely-themed football clubs as you drive your way to the play-offs and championship.
- Local, Online, and Splitscreen Multiplayer: Play co-op or competitive in any combination of 2-, 3-, or 4-player splitscreen, or take your friends online for intense 8-player action against individuals or other splitscreen players.
- Matchmaking for Everyone: Enjoy Ranked, Unranked, or Private matches powered by a proprietary skill-based matchmaking and party system.
- PS4/PC Crossplay: Break barriers and enjoy optional cross-platform matchmaking for PlayStation®4 and Steam PC users.
- Dedicated Servers: Super-smooth online technology ensures an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replay Viewer: Import entire, full-length games and fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena.
- PS4-Exclusive Sweet Tooth: Hit the pitch as the world’s most famous ice cream truck from the legendary Twisted Metal™ series!
Priced at US $19.99 on both PS4™ and Steam, Rocket League is also available for free to all PlayStation®Plus subscribers starting July 7 through August 3. The game’s official soundtrack can be purchased on iTunes, Amazon MP3, the Google Music Store, and other participating storefronts for US $9.99.
The first Rocket League downloadable add-on pack, “Supersonic Fury,” which includes new Battle-Cars, Rocket Boosts, Decals, Wheels, and more, will be available for purchase later this month simultaneously with a FREE new DLC Map inspired by the classic SARPBC arena, Utopia.
# # #
Based in San Diego, CA. Psyonix is an independent video game developer with almost 15 years of experience. As experts in Unreal Engine technology, Psyonix has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bullet Storm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the recently-released free-to-play title, Nosgoth. In 2008, Psyonix self-published Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars exclusively for PlayStation®3 (PS3™), which has accumulated more than 2 million downloads since its release.
For more information, visit www.psyonix.com.