Rocket League is a title you should staple to your tongue if you own a PS4/PC and love insanity this summer. The reason why I say this is that developer Psyonix are bringing the game to both platforms, and have just made the deal sweeter. Straight from Twisted Metal, Sweet Tooth will be making a cameo as a playable character, meaning you can use that ten billion other combinations promised within the game’s customization on other cars, as we know Sweet Tooth would have certainly been #1 on the to-do list for just about everybody.
Now some people may not still be aware of this little soccer-car mashup, but check out some information below to get acquainted quickly:
Rocket League Key Features Include:
- New Season Mode: Players now can enjoy a full single-player experience with Season mode, bolstered by extensive vehicle customizations, unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more.
- Fully Upgraded Online, Local and Splitscreen Multiplayer Modes: Fans of the original will love the returning options for two- to four-player competition, from on-the-couch split-screen competition to the robust online play.
- Team-focused Gameplay: Rocket League‘s team-oriented play compels gamers to learn short- and long-term tactics and strategies to stay in the game, challenge their friends, and stay atop the monthly leaderboards.
- Physics-driven Vehicle Interactions: Built with rocket-equipped vehicles capable of aerial attacks, passes and shots, and physics-driven ball action, Rocket League is a wild, visceral action-sports experience.
- Content Overload: Rocket League builds upon its predecessor with a healthy array of completely new unlockable vehicles, arenas, more than 100 customization items, and other surprises.
- Dedicated Gameplay Servers: Super-smooth online gameplay guarantees an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replays: Gamers can play with, stylize, and create the ultimate replay of entire games with the new replay system. Fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena!
Rocket League is a futuristic action-sports game where players pilot rocket-powered vehicles in an enhanced version of soccer by driving their vehicles into the ball and other players in a variety of arenas. Rocket League uses an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions between cars and the ball, where mass and momentum determine how hard balls and cars hit each other, creating a unique and visceral playing experience.
Rocket League reminds me of the creations we used to see on Forge in Halo 3, and that is a compliment as it takes a very creative mind to come up with such a unique concept. You’re looking at the sleeper hit of the summer, folks – so check out Rocket League’s new trailer below and get ready to snag a purchase come July 7th.