Rockstar and American rockstars (the type who play guitars) Wavves are turning to the Grand Theft Auto V community to create the music video for Wavves’ new track “Leave.” The song is featured on the album The Alchemist and Oh No Present: Welcome to Los Santos.
The rules are pretty simple:
- The video must feature the song “Leave” by Wavves as its soundtrack, and only that song.
- Your video must be between 3 and 5 minutes in length.
- The video must be published to Rockstar Games Social Club and tagged with the word ‘leave’ between now and 11:59pm ET on June 8th to be eligible.
- For legal reasons, only residents of certain countries are eligible to win.
- The video must be made entirely using the Rockstar Editor. We know that many advanced Rockstar Editor video creators like to use additional third party editing software but in order to keep this competition fair for all entrants, we require that you only use the Rockstar Editor in producing the video.
Wavves and Rockstar Games will choose the winners. In case you need a little inspiration, Wavves has provided the following statement on what they are looking for in the video:
The song is about leaving a bad situation. Whether that means a criminal enterprise or activity, or a bad romantic relationship, or something else entirely is up to you to interpret as the music video director. Just have fun with it and don’t be afraid to get a little weird along the way.
There are a ton of prizes to be won. The grand prize winner will take home
- G910 Orion Spark Gaming Keyboard and G510 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse branded with both the winner’s Social Club ID and the Rockstar Editor Logo
- $100 gift card to the Rockstar Warehouse
- a prize pack of official GTAV swag
There will be two runner ups who will also receive the $100 gift card and the GTAV prize pack.
For those who aren’t in the mood to create a music video but want to free stuff, anyone who uploads any video to the Social Club during the contest period will get a The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain branded tshirt in game.