Paradox Interactive‘s in-depth strategy title Europa Universalis IV is to receive yet another update. As if the title lacked enough depth, Paradox is bringing a new layer of strategy and intrigue to running your empire. The DLC has been titled Common Sense after the historical pamphlet written by Thomas Paine during the Revolutionary era of America.
While the DLC doesn’t promise to rip apart the illusion that the monarchy held over the world, what is promised bodes well for Europa Universalis IV. The DLC will bring an increase of depth to domestic rule and diplomacy. Additionally, Common Sense will bring changes to developing provinces. Players will be limited in what they can build in a province based on it’s terrain and Development Value.
Here’s a list of further announced features:
- Parliaments: The English crown and other constitutional systems of government can now use their flexible system to pass laws through parliaments
- National Churches: Protestant kingdoms can customize their new faith and make it a true partner to the throne.
- New Religious Systems: Buddhism and Protestantism both get fresh coats of faith-based paint
- New Options For Subject States: Once just tiny money faucets, recent expansions have made vassals and colonial nations more useful. Common Sense gives you new tools to exploit them or keep them in line
- Government Ranks: As you invest in the development of your nation, you can climb from a small duchy to a major empire, unlocking new benefits.
- New Government mechanics: Theocracies will have new actions and mechanics to highlight their unique character, and the Holy Roman Empire can create Free Cities
Common Sense will be available for download on June 9th, 2015. You can check out a teaser trailer below.Related Articles for this post below: