This limited edition box-set features the 11 feature films directed by Hayao Miyazaki across nearly four decades, and also includes a bonus disc that provides a rare look into his earliest works, subtitled into English for the first time.
For those unfamiliar with Hayao Miyazaki’s feature films, here is the list of them and their year of release:
- Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (1979)
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky (1986)
- My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
- Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989)
- Porco Rosso (1992) (Kurenai no Buta / The Crimson Pig)
- Princess Mononoke (1997)
- Spirited Away (2001) (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi / The Spiriting Away of Sen and Chihiro)
- Howl’s Moving Castle (2004)
- Ponyo (2008) (Gake no Ue no Ponyo / Ponyo on the Cliff)
- The Wind Rises (2013)
Physical bonuses will include a limited edition collector’s box with Japanese postcards and a 32-page booklet. Additional on-disc extras will include all special features from all special editions of the 11 films, and Hayao Miyazaki’s retirement announcement. It is not clear if Madman is referring to their own special edition releases or the Japanese releases.
The box-set is available for pre-order here for $274.95 AUD (DVD) and $324.95 AUD (Blu-ray) ahead of its release on April 15, 2015. The DVD and Blu-ray box-sets were initially set for release in Australia on December 10, 2014. According to Madman’s website, the DVD will be coded for region 4 only, but the details of the Blu-ray region coding are still unknown.