Continuing from their impressive list of updates last year, NCSoft has announced a staggering amount of further updates for WildStar. Most importantly, NCSoft recognizes that while WildStar is complete and successful, it still has a long way to go.
WildStar Director Mike Donatelli has stated that they want to focus on player feed back to guide continuing changes to the title. With this NCSoft has stated that they wish to make all updates with the present and future player database in mind. These two notes show that NCSoft is dedicated to continued positive growth and change for WildStar.
With this, they’ve announced a umber of new specific features for their next update, title The Protogames Initiative.
- Protogames Academy – a training dungeon to prepare lower level players for telegraphs, interrupt armor, and boss mechanics.
- Ultimate Protogames – an exciting new dungeon for upper level players.
- They Came from Fragment Zero! – a level 6 shiphand that introduces players to group gameplay at a much earlier level.
- LFG upgrades – currently, some shiphands, adventures, and dungeons are intentionally hidden or need to be unlocked. Unfortunately, this keeps many players out of the content. Moving forward, all of this content will be added to an expanded LFG tool.
- Datascape 20 – the 40-person dungeon wasn’t getting played as often as we hoped. Not only was the content challenging, but roster management was painful. In the next update we will lower the player requirement down to 20.
Other goals planned by NCSoft for 2015 include, but are not limited to the following:
- A new Contracts system which will provide players with short, fun objectives throughout different kinds of WildStar content, enabling them to obtain rare and exciting rewards.
- Revising overall levelling and elder games experiences and making adjustments to enhance story immersion, fight combat fatigue, and fine-tune our reward streams.
- As our Raiding guilds begin to face Avatus in the Datascape, we’re working on your next challenge! A brand new 20-player experience.
All in all, the future looks quite secure for the future of this MMO.