DotEmu has announced that they’re bring the classic arcade beat ’em up Double Dragon to the PC. What gamers will be able to purchase is Double Dragon Trilogy, which contains all three of the popular Double Dragon games: Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone.
While this title was already released on iOS and Android under the same name, DotEmu has promised that this release will have a few additional features than the mobile versions. Most importantly is the inclusion of online multiplayer. It doesn’t seem as there is too much more than the iOS version, but the ability to play with arcade sticks or controllers is much more appealing than touch controls. The announced feature list is as follows:
• Two game modes: “Arcade” (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and “Story” (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
• Customizable controls (keyboard & controller)
• Three difficulty levels: “easy” (easier than the original), “original” (similar to the arcade version) and “expert” (a real challenge!)
• Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
• Choose between the original graphics or video filter
• Local or online multiplayer
The port will be released on Steam, Amazon, and GOG on January 15th. DotEmu has not yet announced the price.