A video has just been released featuring Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma playing and discussing Nintendo’s upcoming The Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U. The two discuss a number of new features of the game and briefly discuss the upcoming Majora’s Mask remake for the 3DS.
Here is a list of the main points discussed in the video, which is embedded below.
- The game features very high locations from which players can view the world and search for new places to visit.
- The world will be huge and take several minutes to traverse.
- The view distance is very long.
- Players can set beacons at locations they want to visit which then show up on the map.
- Using the game pad players can zoom in and out of the map.
- Players can paraglide.
- Players can ride horses. These horses avoid running into trees on their own, leaving players free to change the camera angle, swing their sword, shoot arrows or jump off of the horse and aim and shoot an arrow in slow-motion.